Speed Cleaning Question?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 3, 2017
Goshen, Indiana
www.SafeChoiceCleaning.com
Real Name
Scott Reinhart
Business Location
United States
Hi everyone!

I have cleaning contracts with large office buildings ranging from 2 to 5 days per week. Dusting, vacuuming, mopping, restrooms, trash, etc...

I include "spot cleaning" of glass and mirrors in my contracts.

Complete window cleaning would be a separate job.

Currently, we just spray window cleaner and wipe with paper towel. Not perfect, but sufficient for daily janitorial cleaning.

I was just curious to see if there may be a tool or better way for us to quickly clean mirrors and glass in this scenario?

One of my contracts (a boys and girls club) has dozens of doors with glass that they would consider having me spot clean everyday. Before I give them a price for cleaning using my current method, I thought I would run it past the forum first.

Thanks!

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
sorry but discard microfiber towels also

just use a mop then squeegee and use the blue towels to wipe up,charge accordingly it will take a little longer in beginning but it's going to be less effort and more efficient as you get better

Sierra Clean Care

Feb 22, 2015
Real Name
Jeff T.
Hi everyone!

I have cleaning contracts with large office buildings ranging from 2 to 5 days per week. Dusting, vacuuming, mopping, restrooms, trash, etc...

Currently, we just spray window cleaner and wipe with paper towel. Not perfect, but sufficient for daily janitorial cleaning.

I was just curious to see if there may be a tool or better way for us to quickly clean mirrors and glass in this scenario?

One of my contracts (a boys and girls club) has dozens of doors with glass that they would consider having me spot clean everyday. Before I give them a price for cleaning using my current method, I thought I would run it past the forum first.

Thanks!
Whatever chem you are using is breaking down the makeup of the paper towel.... that's why you get streaking...... use a glass cleaning concentrate, mix as per instructed on label, with distilled water, AND USE PROPER MICROFIBRE GLASS CLEANING TOWELS..... Unger, Ettore, etc.... there's lots of good ones out there.....

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
dawn works fine on regular maintenance accounts for us.

Whatever chem you are using is breaking down the makeup of the paper towel.... that's why you get streaking...... use a glass cleaning concentrate, mix as per instructed on label, with distilled water, AND USE PROPER MICROFIBRE GLASS CLEANING TOWELS..... Unger, Ettore, etc.... there's lots of good ones out there.....

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
If he was doing full on windows ALL the time, then sure, but he said 'spot cleaning'..... no point on mopand squeegee for that....
better to sell them actual maintenance, spot cleaning is just as time consuming and infinitely more frustrating in a place like that. imo

Sierra Clean Care

Feb 22, 2015
Real Name
Jeff T.
better to sell them actual maintenance, spot cleaning is just as time consuming and infinitely more frustrating in a place like that. imo
Very true Mike.... good point.... I just find that mop and squeegee messy for in doors..... mind ya, I don't do Windows every day....

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I use windex diluted with distilled water. (50% windex 50% water) and a microfiber towel for glass cleaning. If all you're trying to do is wipe smudge off the window then that will do it just fine. If you're having to clean antire panes of glass, then a window mop and squeegee. For inside use, squeeze all the water out of that thing you can and lube it up with some concentrated dish soap (I like dawn original). A little bead along the length of the mop will do it. That will clean up the window really nice and not a ton of trip from your squeegee.

Jim Chen

Jan 13, 2017
Real Name
JIM CHEN
What we been using for our spot clean on shower door, entrance door, is a damp towel no too wet, give the area where lot of marks/finger print a good wipe, the use a dry towel to polish, simple just wipe those excess water, the glass would looks very clean, we did the same methods on bathroom mirrors, no points wasting money on those windows cleaning chemical and specially you are not cleaning all the windows but just spot clean, then this is what we been using. We even imported some towel that made from Korea, and when it dry on glass it hardly see streaks, Let me know if you keen and I will take some photos of it

Jan 31, 2013
Real Name
joe solarino
I found a micro Fibre pad on a short pole at Lowe's that works great for spot cleaning and even inside of whole windows if not to dirty. The holder has loops to hold the pad like a microfiber floor mop. You just spray some window cleaner on window and essentially mop it. I found it works great and it's fast and especially inside where you don't want a lot of water dripping on sills and walls from a water soaked squeegee and mop. Just don't get it to wet and clean it regularly so as not to leave dust or streaks behind.

Johnnbg

Jul 30, 2017
Real Name
John Winters
In Germany we like to, or rather what i like to do is basically have a few pouches where i can keepany number of cloths..if you have a fair bit of spotting to do you could eaily put between 4-12 Microfiber cloths and a spray bottle with dilutd water and glkas cleaner in it ... simply spray on the surface where needed and either wipe with a clean damp micro-- or simply dry of with a clean dry microfiber cloth... dont forget a microfiber has 2 sides to it and also another surface are to clean a fair amount of glass.. i do not know why manufacturers dont colour code their Cloths lets say one side blue the other sid e black ... https://glasklar-fensterreinigung.de www.preispasst.de

Bella J.

Oct 16, 2018
Real Name
Isabel Jones
In my opinion, vinegar, water and dish soap together are the best for cleaning windows. You can directly spray the solution on the glass until it's fully covered and then use a dry microfibre cloth to remove the moisture.

Oct 1, 2018
Real Name
Lesia Caldwell
Hi everyone!

Thanks!
I use Norwex glass and mirror microfiber cloth I use the car mitt for the polishing cloth the stuff ain’t cheap but it works and they have backlock in them you use just water Norwex.com big difference than the cheap set in buy in a store I was introduced 2 years ago now I won’t use glass cleaner at all

Kenneth12

Sep 20, 2018
Real Name
Kenneth Gemmell
Hi,
Window cleaning is really a tough task. I always use vinegar and water solution to clean window.
Thanks.