Speed Cleaning Question? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Speed Cleaning Question?

Discussion in 'Window Cleaning Forum' started by SafeChoiceCleaning, Oct 8, 2017.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. SafeChoiceCleaning

Jun 3, 2017
    Male
    Cleaning Business Owner
    Goshen, Indiana
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone!

I have cleaning contracts with large office buildings ranging from 2 to 5 days per week. Dusting, vacuuming, mopping, restrooms, trash, etc...

I include "spot cleaning" of glass and mirrors in my contracts.

Complete window cleaning would be a separate job.

Currently, we just spray window cleaner and wipe with paper towel. Not perfect, but sufficient for daily janitorial cleaning.

I was just curious to see if there may be a tool or better way for us to quickly clean mirrors and glass in this scenario?

One of my contracts (a boys and girls club) has dozens of doors with glass that they would consider having me spot clean everyday. Before I give them a price for cleaning using my current method, I thought I would run it past the forum first.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. awratchford

awratchford Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Ratings:
    +2,662 / 18 / -0
    Quit using paper towels. Use microfiber towels instead

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. MikeGaure

Premium VIP

Nov 23, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +5,175 / 19 / -0
    sorry but discard microfiber towels also

just use a mop then squeegee and use the blue towels to wipe up,charge accordingly it will take a little longer in beginning but it's going to be less effort and more efficient as you get better

4. Sierra Clean Care

Sierra Clean Care Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +1,126 / 6 / -0
    Whatever chem you are using is breaking down the makeup of the paper towel.... that's why you get streaking...... use a glass cleaning concentrate, mix as per instructed on label, with distilled water, AND USE PROPER MICROFIBRE GLASS CLEANING TOWELS..... Unger, Ettore, etc.... there's lots of good ones out there.....

5. MikeGaure

Premium VIP

Nov 23, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +5,175 / 19 / -0
    similar to my setup IMG_6451.JPG

6. MikeGaure

Premium VIP

Nov 23, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +5,175 / 19 / -0
    dawn works fine on regular maintenance accounts for us.

7. MikeGaure

Premium VIP

Nov 23, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +5,175 / 19 / -0
    some like spiking with vinegar but we dont due to window tintings

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sierra Clean Care

Feb 22, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +1,126 / 6 / -0
    If he was doing full on windows ALL the time, then sure, but he said 'spot cleaning'..... no point on mopand squeegee for that....

9. MikeGaure

Premium VIP

Nov 23, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +5,175 / 19 / -0
    better to sell them actual maintenance, spot cleaning is just as time consuming and infinitely more frustrating in a place like that. imo

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Sierra Clean Care

Feb 22, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +1,126 / 6 / -0
    Very true Mike.... good point.... I just find that mop and squeegee messy for in doors..... mind ya, I don't do Windows every day....

11. floorclean

floorclean Active Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -0
    The only thing that should be used on glass is sunlight dish soap. Even if your using paper towel. Is streak free

• Like Like x 2
  12. Robert86

Robert86 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2016
    Male
    Missoula, MT
    Ratings:
    +1,071 / 1 / -0
    I use windex diluted with distilled water. (50% windex 50% water) and a microfiber towel for glass cleaning. If all you're trying to do is wipe smudge off the window then that will do it just fine. If you're having to clean antire panes of glass, then a window mop and squeegee. For inside use, squeeze all the water out of that thing you can and lube it up with some concentrated dish soap (I like dawn original). A little bead along the length of the mop will do it. That will clean up the window really nice and not a ton of trip from your squeegee.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Amanda T. Steinke

Amanda T. Steinke New Member

Tuesday
    Female
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  14. Jim Chen

Jim Chen Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    What we been using for our spot clean on shower door, entrance door, is a damp towel no too wet, give the area where lot of marks/finger print a good wipe, the use a dry towel to polish, simple just wipe those excess water, the glass would looks very clean, we did the same methods on bathroom mirrors, no points wasting money on those windows cleaning chemical and specially you are not cleaning all the windows but just spot clean, then this is what we been using. We even imported some towel that made from Korea, and when it dry on glass it hardly see streaks, Let me know if you keen and I will take some photos of it

• Like Like x 1