Specifically about wicking; do you charge for callbacks?

katrinabotimer

Jun 20, 2022
www.carpet-advantage.com
Real Name
Katrina Botimer
This is a question about callbacks and charging or not for them.

I understand wicking. I also understand that it's not our fault that there is so much in the padding that it wicks back. It's not as if we could do anything to keep it from happening because of how the carpet looks when you leave.

Do you use any type of disclaimer prior to cleaning in order to explain callbacks, so there are no surprises?

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
Generally I will explain about wicking, etc before I begin cleaning. I will leave a bottle of my spotter and instruct them on how to remove any wicking the next day. I will on occasion speed dry spots that may be an issue later.
When I do have to return after they've tried using my spotter and not able to remove the spot I will return at no charge.

Reactions: keep it clean

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
agree, no charge for callbacks. If there is a chance that it got into the padding I will explain that it may wick back, but then proceed to speed dry it with either a Dry Pod or in extreme cases a hair dryer. I cant remember my last callback but not saying I never had one. Over 40 years cleaning here.

CRB will eliminate the spots completely unless it soaks into the pad.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I think it depends on the issue, the initial cleaning date and the client. So most times, no. If I sense a scam, yes.