Special Formula for what?

cleanerguy

Oct 6, 2008
Erie,PA
Real Name
RonRieger
Why does RSF work well on Poly?

What works well on Nylon?

Saiger's Sauce, Traffic Slam, Flex with Citrus, Ultra Pac, Grease Eraser.
What the hell I just want to clean the carpet.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Raf works wel on both nylon and poly....
Experiment with it....
It will work wonders....
2-3 scoops in a hydraforce at 4 to 1 dispense...

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin

I know what you mean, way way to many choices from all the different manufactures on pre sprays

Find one that works well for you and just stick with it, just because some says one works great for him doesn't mean it will work great for you

You may be in another part of the country with different types of soil and water quality
maybe he cleans with high heat and you don't
maybe his process is different then yours, so many variables

Ablecarpet1980

Mar 18, 2017
Real Name
Patrick Voncannon
I’ve used them all except RSF, and I ordered samples today so I look forward to seeing the results. I will let you know what I find. I’m looking forward to trying out TMF products for the first time!

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States

Every one of the presprays you listed works. Some may be better than others for sure. Some of those have been around for many, many years like Ultrapac. I still use Grand Slam which is an Ultrapac knockoff from https://shop.truckmountforums.com, but I'm using it a whole lot less than I used to. I've used quite a bit of Grease Eraser and it's also been around for many years. I think Traffic Slam and perhaps Flex are more for polys although I don't doubt they will work on a lot of nylons as well.

Most of the ones you mentioned have a ph of above 10 so they're not supposed to be used on carpets under warranty or unless you're sure the warranty has been voided by the customer. Most presprays with a ph above 10 are normally for polyester or olefins. That doesn't matter to the manufacturers though. They require the ph to be below 10 for ALL carpet cleaning, period and that includes what you're rinsing the carpet with as well. I very rarely run into a situation where this matters, but sometimes it does. Nylon to me is still the king of the synthetic fibers, but it's also the easiest to damage with the wrong chemistry. I don't think any of the presprays you mentioned will hurt a nylon, but a stronger prespray may have a negative effect on the stain resistance of nylon.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Ph does not determine strength of a cleaning product or its ability to emulsify, suspend and rinse easily afterwards. I’m a nutshell, just about anything cleans nylon but hardly nothing cleans polyester properly. That’s why we made the Secret Formulas. It easily cleans nylons like the rest but where it really leaves the pack behind is on polyesters. Nothing cleans polyesters better and we guarantee it or your money back and you keep the product.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Full nuke...

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
RSF if used properly can clean almost anything.......
I use it exclusively on upholstery for homes..
And resturant seatting.....works wonders...easy to rinse...
And dries wo being sticky....
carpet. For....homes.most commercial ...and ......
..many medium soiled resturants.....
With the exception of greasy resturants and trashed rentals...
You will need to go with grout master or a combo
Or GM and RSF

I now use RSF and GM on most all my jobs.......

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
RSF if used properly can clean almost anything.......
I use it exclusively on upholstery for homes..
And resturant seatting.....works wonders...easy to rinse...
And dries wo being sticky....
carpet. For....homes.most commercial ...and ......
..many medium soiled resturants.....
With the exception of greasy resturants and trashed rentals...
You will need to go with grout master or a combo
Or GM and RSF

I now use RSF and GM on most all my jobs.......
What ratio of RSF are you using in most cases?

M4sT3R T3CH

Feb 1, 2009
Topeka
Real Name
Randall Blackwell
Business Location
United States
I spike my RSF with 1to 2 scoops of proschoice firestorm. This works wonders on nasty apartments. RSF is hands down one of the best presprays i have ever used.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
i use 2 scoops per quart of hydraforce.....1 to 4
plus one big scoop of alcaline rinse in the hydraforce........
seems to help a little with the deodorizer and cleaning......
try to use as little prespray as possible with a scrubber and then rewet before HWE
to decrease dry times.........

i use this for most all homes and some resturants...
for heavier soil rentals and resturants I have a separate jug of GM

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
try to use as little prespray as possible with a scrubber and then rewet before HWE

Dang, thats like 10 scoops for a five qt HF! I use 4 scoops at 4:1 , and get amazing results. Are you not using a water softener? Not sure why you would need so much.. it is a great product. I hate to say some things on here have not lived up to the hype, but RSF is the real deal. Have you ever considered a version of Rsf spiked with oxy included? Ive picked up a rental property company, and almost every one is rat nasty poly. Im usually more high end, but i like vacants, so i took them on. Im always adding bridgepoint boost all as this helps with stains. Would be nice to not have to add that as its an extra step and expense. I also add a little citrus solv 2 to add a little scent. Its a great product, but had no nice smell at all. I know some dont like any smells, but im saying like a different version for those who would like to have it?

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
The product alone will clean nastys as a stand alone, but of course oxy boosters are definetely beneficial when there are different types of stains everywhere that may not come out without them. I also notice that it some minor filtration soil will come out with just an edge tool.

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
The product alone will clean nastys as a stand alone, but of course oxy boosters are definetely beneficial when there are different types of stains everywhere that may not come out without them. I also notice that it some minor filtration soil will come out with just an edge tool.
What does jwargo 1967 mean? We’re you born in 1967?

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Dang, thats like 10 scoops for a five qt HF! I use 4 scoops at 4:1 , and get amazing results. Are you not using a water softener? Not sure why you would need so much.. it is a great product. I hate to say some things on here have not lived up to the hype, but RSF is the real deal. Have you ever considered a version of Rsf spiked with oxy included? Ive picked up a rental property company, and almost every one is rat nasty poly. Im usually more high end, but i like vacants, so i took them on. Im always adding bridgepoint boost all as this helps with stains. Would be nice to not have to add that as its an extra step and expense. I also add a little citrus solv 2 to add a little scent. Its a great product, but had no nice smell at all. I know some dont like any smells, but im saying like a different version for those who would like to have it?
I gues thats 4/1 .......
Either way i dont have the yellow tip in there took it out.....
2-3 sccops per quart is plenty

EVDOG

Jul 25, 2015
Real Name
Evdog
I gues thats 4/1 .......
Either way i dont have the yellow tip in there took it out.....
2-3 sccops per quart is plenty
I think you mean per 5qt.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

The alkaline has some Pure02 in it so it will kill odors. The deodorizer we use does not break down under oxidizers also so you get a nice scent.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I am hearing more and more cleaners say they prefer the standard RSF Free & Clear and adding boosters only when needed. Most times they say they don't even need the boost.