ACC

Feb 7, 2009
Tennessee
www.tncarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Shawn Giroux
Business Location
United States
Was at my local hardware store and saw someone returning a rented rug doctor. The cashier took the rug doctor and set it right back in the empty spot it came from. I was thinking to myself about some of the nasty pet urine clean ups I have done in the past . Who the hell cleans these things before the next customer comes along?

IMO carpet cleaning rentals should be null and void because of the possibility of some kind of nasty proxy transfer. Mold, blood, urine, bacteria....I want to hurl lol... What are your thoughts.

T

TheEyeball

Good question. I happen to have a very close friend who works for Rug Doctor. He runs one of many routes in Indianapolis cleaning Rug Doctors. All he does is drive around in a Dodge Sprinter and clean them out all day long. Every day, the same route.

Those machines are supposed to be tagged "Used" upon return. The route guy shows up, cleans the tagged units, then puts them back on the shelf.

Frank DiGi

Premium VIP
Sep 3, 2008
pa
www.dicarpetclean.com
Real Name
Frank
Business Location
United States
That is a good question.. I seen that too a lot in the super markets here , they just place them back so someone else use's them...That would be a great video to take for a web site ..( Do you want to clean with this)
Never know what the person before used it on..

Tommy C

Apr 23, 2010
Real Name
N/A
Business Location
United States
That's pretty gross. I think that people who rent those things don't do it to 'freshen' up the house before Aunt Gladys visits. I think they rent them because the runaway cat came home with 10,000 fleas or the family dog ate from the cat's box... again... and yacked from the front door to the back.

Dave Y

Carpet Cleaner
Jul 14, 2008
Real Name
Dave Yokum
Business Location
United States
Was at my local hardware store and saw someone returning a rented rug doctor. The cashier took the rug doctor and set it right back in the empty spot it came from. I was thinking to myself about some of the nasty pet urine clean ups I have done in the past . Who the hell cleans these things before the next customer comes along?

IMO carpet cleaning rentals should be null and void because of the possibility of some kind of nasty proxy transfer. Mold, blood, urine, bacteria....I want to hurl lol... What are your thoughts.

You should know better than knocking the Rug Doctor!!!

They have higher SOA rating than most truckmounts that are out in the field.

Infact according to intensive labatory testing the Rug Doctor puts most truckmounts to shame.

Probally most of the cleaners here included!!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

Infact according to intensive labatory testing the Rug Doctor puts most truckmounts to shame.

Good one Dave.

Tommy C

Apr 23, 2010
Real Name
N/A
Business Location
United States

Thanks Dave! I'm going to trade my TM and van for a Rug Doctor and a 10 speed bike. Now I can offer 'Green' and CRI approved Platinum cleaning!

:bigsmiley:

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Yes the customer is suppose to clean it and the store is suppose to check when it is returned. But of course they dont do that, if you notice most people dont do their jobs they are suppose to do. I am really tired of seeing lazy people doing the least amount as possible, also whey you go to the gas station and the cashier is so busy talking on the cell phone that they ignore you. Oh well that sould be a different thread.

T

TheEyeball

If you want answers I dare you to call and ask :) Here's the number to the Indianapolis office, which is a pretty major hub for them. Just don't tell them I sent you 'cause I have a lot of friends who work there!

(317) 787-0351

UFgatorHarv

Sep 5, 2010
TX
Real Name
Chris Harvey
Business Location
United States
I hate to disagree guys, but the waste tank is seperate from the solution tank last time I checked. It may not do nearly as good a job as a truckmount, but do you guys rinse and disinfect your waste tanks between every job? How about the wand? Sure, maybe you wipe it down, but do you let the inlet soak in bleach solution on the drive to the next job? Use a groomer to agitate the pre-spray? Those get hosed down and sanitized every time too right? There may be plenty of bones to pick about Rug Doctor, but I don't see this as one of them.

Mick Ellis

Jul 11, 2008
Australia
Real Name
M Ellis
Business Location
Australia
I dont put my waste tank on the back seat of my car, nor do i carry my waste tank inside whilst i am cleaning.
I would assume most professional cleaners using a Porty would ensure it was clean after cleaning contamination be it animal turds or urine.
Again i would assume most professional cleaners using a Porty would take all precautions NOT to allow contaminated foam to be sucked into the vac motors to be carried into the next premises they clean.
Also, i would assume most professional cleaners would treat any urine/animal turd contaminated areas with a Specialty Product to eliminate said contamination.
I am not so sure Mr and Mrs Average hiring a machine from the supermarket or hardware would take the same precautions to eliminate where possible any contamination of the next premises to be cleaned with the same machine.
Personally i think the subject matter of this tread is the standard used by the professional cleaner compared to that of the average do it your self person.

Mick