Someone modified my invoice, fraud? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Someone modified my invoice, fraud?

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
We recently did a make-ready cleaning of a mobile home that was sold to some friends of my wife and I, I submitted the invoice to the real estate agent who sold it to them and who hired us. First time working with this agent. Today I received a check from an escrow company with a copy of one of our invoices but this copy of the invoice has totally different information in it. It has our logo and the invoice number is the same as the one I submitted to this agent but it has a different date of service, different property address where service was provided, and for a different amount. There’s absolutely no doubt in my mind that this agent modified the invoice and submitted it to one of his other mobile homes sold. WTF? Is this fraud? I haven’t talked to anyone to find out what the hell this is about. The check is made payable to our company. Am calling the the escrow company tomorrow to ask who submitted this invoice to them and then am calling the real estate agent and see what he tells me but wtf? Has this ever happened to any of you?

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
@Rico1
Yes, A local franchise of a national restoration company tried to pull a similar move on us. I called him out for altering my invoice and asked if he needed me to resend the correct invoice. He did, and we still do business to this day. People will push and try to get one over where they can. You gotta do what is correct/legal in business.

They either made an honest mistake
Trying to not clean the carpet at the other address as a buyer has requested
Trying to get multiple tax write offs
are looking to pass a problem at the listed address on to you.

Have them fix their mistake.
If they don't want to use you anymore for you asking them for a corrected invoice, then they are NOT people you want to do business with. They are shady. Too many fish in the sea to deal with dishonest folks.

Reactions: Rick J and Mama Fen

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
@Rico1
Yes, A local franchise of a national restoration company tried to pull a similar move on us. I called him out for altering my invoice and asked if he needed me to resend the correct invoice. He did, and we still do business to this day. People will push and try to get one over where they can. You gotta do what is correct/legal in business.

They either made an honest mistake
Trying to not clean the carpet at the other address as a buyer has requested
Trying to get multiple tax write offs
are looking to pass a problem at the listed address on to you.

Have them fix their mistake.
If they don't want to use you anymore for you asking them for a corrected invoice, then they are NOT people you want to do business with. They are shady. Too many fish in the sea to deal with dishonest folks.
Yes, I thought about taking this as an opportunity to do more business with their real estate firm but then again, what if they continue to alter my invoices in the future thinking am ok with that? I just don’t feel comfortable.
I called the escrow company who wrote the cheque and they directed me to call the real estate office who submitted the invoice, I did and spoke to their accountant yesterday and she’s going to supposedly find out what happened, I made it clear to her I wasn’t happy with the fact that somebody in their office took an old invoice of ours and modified its info. She said she’ll get back to me soon, we’ll see.

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
Did you get paid the proper amount?