Some questions on what I should be considering | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Some questions on what I should be considering

PhilipW

Nov 29, 2015
South Carolina
Real Name
Philip wallman
Business Location
United States
I own a small one truck carpet/tile cleaning operation. I cater mostly to the higher end residential in my rural area. The population of this area means it would probably never grow much beyond 1 truck. But, besides the normal girls posting on Facebook and the few ladies of questionable immigration status, there is no competition for housekeeping. I believe I could expand easily into the same clientele I'm serving now with the competitive advantage of a solid business with insurance, licensing, and fully vetted cleaners. I have a few people that I believe would make good maids with some training. I have the clientele already asking about recommendations for maid service

My questions for you guys are
1. What insurance are you carrying besides general liability? Should I be looking for theft insurance, what else?
2. What service Are you using for background checks and drug screening?
3. How do you locate your best employees?
4. How much time are you spending say on an average 3 bed, 2 bath home on a once a week visit, or what are your normal schedulings like

Thanks for your feedback

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Reactions: PhilipW and Luky

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
1. You will have to get " bonding " for your employees . Be advised . These companies do not like claims just like insurance companies so be prepared to pay up out of your pocket .
2. Around here there's lots of places including the local health system that will do drug screens . Make sure they get the hair follicle test . Background checks ...... I'm not sure but there are companies that do this service .
3. Ask around if someone knows any lady custodians of local schools . You could put that in your add for help too . They've passed very extensive background checks including child abuse checks ( at least that's the way it is in Pa. ) and usually could use some extra money .
4. There's threads on this in the search that may help you .
Around here there's lots of work for this service and the chains do well . Molly Maids etc.
Hope it helps .
All the Best, Ed

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
One other thing that may help you is Direct Mop Sales . They sell a kit specifically of things for maids . Directmopsales. Com . Very inexpensive for what is in the kit .
All the Best, Ed

Reactions: PhilipW