Business Location
United States
Right on!

Reactions: Cameron RDS

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Good stuff Cam. That carpet is some hardest to get looking good. Isn't it a thin glue down polyester?
Yeah your right. The carpet is very old too. You can really see where they have had a rolly chair at one time. If I had to bet that carpet hasn't been cleaned in years. I didn't even get to clean the whole place because they didn't have enough money in the budget. So basically all the offices still look like grease pits.

Sent from my XT1254 using TMF Forums mobile app

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Yeah your right. The carpet is very old too. You can really see where they have had a rolly chair at one time. If I had to bet that carpet hasn't been cleaned in years. I didn't even get to clean the whole place because they didn't have enough money in the budget. So basically all the offices still look like grease pits.

Cameron what did you use on it ?

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Cameron what did you use on it ?
I used 4 oz to a gallon of citrasolve with desovall by Harvard. I cleaned the carpet with that on it, and then I used a degreaser a friend gave me made by a small town chem company near him and me. I put the degreaser on the dark areas to try and lighten them up, but really it did very little BC the carpet is just worn. You can't clean worn, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't anymore grease.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Yes sir you are correct you can not clean the worn off. I see the discoloration from the wear,, you did a great job,,

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I used 4 oz to a gallon of citrasolve with desovall by Harvard. I cleaned the carpet with that on it, and then I used a degreaser a friend gave me made by a small town chem company near him and me. I put the degreaser on the dark areas to try and lighten them up, but really it did very little BC the carpet is just worn. You can't clean worn, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't anymore grease.

citrasolve is good stuff

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Yes sir you are correct you can not clean the worn off. I see the discoloration from the wear,, you did a great job,,
Thanks. Means alot coming from a fellow rat nasty cleaner! I was going to be hard on myself for it not coming out better, but that put me at ease.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Thanks. Means alot coming from a fellow rat nasty cleaner! I was going to be hard on myself for it not coming out better, but that put me at ease.

I have started using encap juice on these like this,, I have 3 machine shops I clean the offices on 2 times a year,,, have your same problem,,, so I started encapping them and hwe after... seems to even it up but like yours there are horrible worn areas...

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
citrasolve is good stuff
you know how this kind of crappy carpet is,, that greasy black crap is underneath it, and thru out the carpet,, I always feel like I am swirling the shit around before I hammer it with steam.... I generally take 2 guys with me and two scrub and one just hammers it with the butler and it still looks no better than what you did...
you did a good job... we cannot save the world , on every job !