Solution hoses | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Solution hoses

May 9, 2016
www.fibertecservices.com
Real Name
Shane Munsey
Business Location
United States
How often should we be replacing these? I have had one bust in a clients house but luckily I was using a modified Bane clene unit then. the output wasn’t that bad. I was able to unplug the cord and shut it down pretty fast. What are the best hoses for the price?

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
How long a hose will last depends upon the temperature and pressure you clean it, how many rocks and rough edges you drag it over and of course the quality of the hose you begin with.

Most quality hoses will last 3 to 5 years of regular use. But I never liked to take a chance that one would break inside a customers home. I used 150' on most jobs, but I kept 300' (6 sections each 50' long) on my van. I purchased one new section each year and it became the section inside the home. All the others moved back and the oldest hose was discarded.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
How long a hose will last depends upon the temperature and pressure you clean it, how many rocks and rough edges you drag it over and of course the quality of the hose you begin with.

Most quality hoses will last 3 to 5 years of regular use. But I never liked to take a chance that one would break inside a customers home. I used 150' on most jobs, but I kept 300' (6 sections each 50' long) on my van. I purchased one new section each year and it became the section inside the home. All the others moved back and the oldest hose was discarded.
I think you for got to mention forced bending of the hose. High water temperature in hose and bending 90 or 180 degree Bend in hose will cuase fatigue of the the martials much faster.
Like when someone set a wand down and the solution hose does a 180 degree turn.
And dragging a solution hose on a cement driveway.

Some times a pump can cause vibration, if your solution hose is on a ruff cement driveway and every so slightly vibrating, the vibs and cement act like sand paper, and using sand paper on plastic or rubber will slowly remove the casting or materiel around the hose.

So if you have a vibration solution hose, cemet will destroy the hose.
If you use high heat, laying solution hose on grass will not damage the solution hose casing, but may burn the grass.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott W

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
My blue neptune hose just busted on me inside a home, only been 11 months of use. Not abused. About 510 hours on it only. Usually used with Low to Medium heat.

Should clarify I do High heat once in a while, but only when doing tile at about 1,000 PSI - so it doesn't really get super hot inside the hose because of how much water is being used.

Last edited:

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
My blue neptune hose just busted on me inside a home, only been 11 months of use. Not abused. About 510 hours on it only. Usually used with Low to Medium heat.

Should clarify I do High heat once in a while, but only when doing tile at about 1,000 PSI - so it doesn't really get super hot inside the hose because of how much water is being used.
If you lay a solution hose on a carpet that has been pre-sprayed, the chemicals or some chemicals will also cause decomposing of the rubber or plastics.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States

Really hard kinks from reeling up like a caveman are the slow death for wire braid hose, takes a while to rear it's ugly head.

1 year and we flip flop the live reel end for end. Puts the like new hose in the house and the blow out possibility hose outdoors ya know.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I switch mine out every year and sell the old on ebay and usually get 50% the cost of new so its like getting new hose at a 50% discount and I never have to worry about leaks.

Preventative maintenance does save money.

Reactions: igare

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Going back to the orange parker parflex.... don't confuse it with the blue they are not the same.

The memory is a minor downfall but best hose I have used and the most durable... expensive as hell but I got 3 yrs of #4 little giant out of the last one doing tons and tons of hard surface

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I replace my 200 feet at a minimum of 1 year or a maximum of 2years of service.
temp and pressure along with how you handle the hose, yank,drag etc