Soap daddy review

Joshua Johnson

Sep 7, 2013
not so bad

That carpet looks exactly like a floor at Asian Grand Buffet I clean once every three months. Same carpet tiles and same level of filth.

I use Biopro10k w/ a scoop of groutmaster, 15min dwell, 175 then hwe. Is this Soap Daddy product cheaper than Rob's stuff? Looks like the same efficacy.

Reactions: Ymetimme

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
That carpet looks exactly like a floor at Asian Grand Buffet I clean once every three months. Same carpet tiles and same level of filth.

I use Biopro10k w/ a scoop of groutmaster, 15min dwell, 175 then hwe. Is this Soap Daddy product cheaper than Rob's stuff? Looks like the same efficacy.
I used no boosting agents just the chemical itself

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I tried that Prochem Ultra Pack Extreme today, that stuff works great and smells terrific

Joshua Johnson

Sep 7, 2013
I tried that Prochem Ultra Pack Extreme today, that stuff works great and smells terrific
Prochem claims it dissolves in cold water. That's a big plus.

Also, still works well in pretty hard water. Interesting.

The price per pound is $6.66. Price of the beast.

AZ... What's the dissolution ratio per gallon? And what does the smell resemble? Floral, citrus... spice?

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Yes, I met in person 2 reps and they said it dissolves in cold water. I used fairly warm however. The bottles in the truck or I’d check it or ratios. I was making small batches today and it look very little. To me it smelled minty.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Thank you.
Honestly I’m one to dislike many smells when I’m cleaning. I just like the smell of clean. I never use deodorizers of any sort. Most product smells bad to me. Of course we all sense smell different. I will say it was one of the best smelling products I’ve tried. 12.3 ph I think as well so pretty strong stuff.

Reactions: Joshua Johnson

Joshua Johnson

Sep 7, 2013
Honestly I’m one to dislike many smells when I’m cleaning. I just like the smell of clean. I never use deodorizers of any sort. Most product smells bad to me. Of course we all sense smell different. I will say it was one of the best smelling products I’ve tried. 12.3 ph I think as well so pretty strong stuff.
Agree, obvious fragrance is really unappealing. That's one reason I like Rob's chemicals. They smell nice and don't linger.

I looked at Prochem's SMS and at 12.3, that's pretty caustic. Could f up one's hands and boots if you're not careful.

Reactions: Fedri

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Agree, obvious fragrance is really unappealing. That's one reason I like Rob's chemicals. They smell nice and don't linger.

I looked at Prochem's SMS and at 12.3, that's pretty caustic. Could f up one's hands and boots if you're not careful.
12.3 is pretty high for sure. Gotta make sure you use a really good rinse. However it cuts through the worst of stuff. I know many like to boil down their chemicals carried to only a few. But my truck is so big I don’t mind carrying a lot. Really makes no dent in my storage.
So I’ve been carrying pretty much from mild to wild, and choose what to use after pre inspection.
I like Bridgepoint Free and Clear boosted with Boost All. No fragrance.
It’s not a super powered pre spray, but works great when I go in behind another cleaner who left a lot of “soap”
I like Robs Bio Pro 10K a lot. Not smelly.
Deodorizers sometimes leave me with a headache. That Bridgepoint Spiced Air is popular, but gave me a headache every time I worked with it. I gave up on deodorizers all together.
I do like Unchained for urine. When working with urine I don’t mind a fragrance as much to cover up the smell when the salts are wet.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
not so bad

Who's video is this. The voice over doesn't go with your attitude. In any cas case , contact @rob allen for ideas on how to make instructional video.
Sorry, can't sleep...
So, where is Soap daddy coming from? Micro brewery? You could've be more patient and give it more dwell time. The results would be more awesome. Not a lot of presprays can behave the same on filthy and oil ridden carpeting . So yes, great work.

• Haha

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Here is the dilemma. Virtually all the small guys are resorting to inexpensive toxic chems to compete with the big guys. For example, sodium hypochlorite’s, optical brighteners, potassium hydroxides and sodium hydroxides to name a few. Yes they give you immediate improvement but they degrade the fibers, leave residue and are extremely harmful to breathe or touch. (Read the SDS’s) Anyone that exposes themselves, their techs and their clients children and pets open themselves for serious liabilities.

Then many big guys use low quality super hi ph active ingredients to keep prices down and profits up. These lead to some similar health issues but especially known for browning, wicking, reoccurring spots and pH burns.

So you can see it’s a catch 22 situation they are all caught In and why we took another approach. We spend much more for lower pH, super high quality super concentrated active ingredients and safest available. We are hoping that many cleaners are perceptive enough to realize instead of spending 1.50-1.75 per Home for prespray that for the huge advantages we offer will spend 1.60-2.00 per home. I mean really if 2.00 is too much for you then it is time to revisit your business model. That is only 1% of your job costs on a small 200.00 job. Yet it can make a 100% difference in your business longevity, reviews, referrals, your confidence and repeat clientele.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

Reactions: Fedri and admin

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Try free samples of carpet details powder. Have mine works great. 1-800-693-6464 located in Utah. jz.
It’s Procyon powder and power. Good on nylons but not so much on nasty polys/oles/polypropylenes.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Are you saying Pro Chem doesn’t have good chemists?
I think options are good to have.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
He is saying its not the chemists but the cutting of costs to meet demands of overhead and investors etc.

Ive never tried soap daddy and that was an extremely oily carpet in what looked like a jiffy lube... but took a lot of passes to cut through. He didnt boost it at all and didnt scrub so its a good realistic test.