So what do you guys think about the Oreck Orbiter? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

So what do you guys think about the Oreck Orbiter?

PhilipW

Nov 29, 2015
South Carolina
Real Name
Philip wallman
Business Location
United States
I'm looking for something to take the place of my 175 for most jobs. It works well but takes up so much space in the van and it is soo heavy. I'd like to only carry it when needed, and pick up an Oreck for the day-to-day agitation, bonnet cleaning, etc.

I've heard nothing but good things, but looking for more advice I guess. I'm somewhat tight when it comes to spending money, and I want to make sure its worth it. I'd love to pick up a CRB, that will be my next big purchase, but it's just too much investment right now, this time of year. So, is the Orbiter as multi-functional as they say? Would you buy it again? I figure for $500 or less I can get one with a couple of brushes and the bonnet driver.

Thanks!

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I'm looking for something to take the place of my 175 for most jobs. It works well but takes up so much space in the van and it is soo heavy. I'd like to only carry it when needed, and pick up an Oreck for the day-to-day agitation, bonnet cleaning, etc.

I've heard nothing but good things, but looking for more advice I guess. I'm somewhat tight when it comes to spending money, and I want to make sure its worth it. I'd love to pick up a CRB, that will be my next big purchase, but it's just too much investment right now, this time of year. So, is the Orbiter as multi-functional as they say? Would you buy it again? I figure for $500 or less I can get one with a couple of brushes and the bonnet driver.

Thanks!
Over priced toy.

PhilipW

Nov 29, 2015
South Carolina
Real Name
Philip wallman
Business Location
United States
so. mixed reviews :(. I would be looking for the commercial model. And I'm not looking to replace my 175 100%, just to have something easier to use in the van on normal jobs.

Buster123

Jan 19, 2009
Gainesville Va
Real Name
Joe Bouch
Business Location
United States
I love the orbiter! Have one in each truck. Have never had the need for a 175. Get the tile brush too!

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Sierra Clean Care

Feb 22, 2015
Real Name
Jeff T.
so. mixed reviews :(. I would be looking for the commercial model. And I'm not looking to replace my 175 100%, just to have something easier to use in the van on normal jobs.
It kicks ass on agitating stairs..... It's a great little machine, but like most tools, it has its limitations...... Before I got my CRB or my 175, it was my goto for agitation..... For small areas, or small jobs, you can't beat it.... Use the black brush for wool, and the green for carpet agitation....

Reactions: aloha one

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Their tile brush wont do jack for recessed grout lines.

No but it works awesome on rubber knobby floors.

Like Steve said it's great on stairs. We use one to encap stairs.

It's decent to agitate pre-spray with, but the heavier 175 works better.

Reactions: aloha one

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
too little to me to be of much help,, I would figure it would cost you time

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
No but it works awesome on rubber knobby floors.

Like Steve said it's great on stairs. We use one to encap stairs.

It's decent to agitate pre-spray with, but the heavier 175 works better.
I am looking at getting a hawk 13 inch and running a riser on the brush and pad drive so I can run a 15 inch pad or brush maybe just use my 17 inch stuff on it...

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Philip
I feel yourpain. They are heavy. 175.weighs 100 lbs..
I used to lug those things upstairs when i was in my 20 s..
No way in my 50 s.....
I have the oreck 22 lbs???good on stairs way too slow on open carpet...
I also have a sebo crb weighs 12 lbs...
Both cost 500$ new but you can find oreck allaround for 100-200$...
I was looking to get a 13-15 inch buffer that weigh 60 lbs....
But i decided on a powrflite crb.1400$...

Reactions: jtsunbrite

Qwikdry

Dec 2, 2012
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
go to home depot and buy the deck brush,,, scrubs awesome , stiff brushes and ten times faster than a orbitor
i agree! a deck brush on the pole has replaced my oreck orbiter so much faster and the stiffer bristles agitate better.

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
Deck brushes maybe faster and do a good job. But I've been in the field so long my shoulders just can't take the back and forth motion anymore. Especially when there's resistance, not to bad using a wand or scrubber.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
I use my oreck for VLM stairs but I don't think it can replace a 175 for prescrubbing carpet. The oreck is to small and light in my opinion.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I am looking at getting a hawk 13 inch and running a riser on the brush and pad drive so I can run a 15 inch pad or brush maybe just use my 17 inch stuff on it...
I have a 13'' Hawk 175-300 with a riser and use different size pad driver's on it and it works great. I use Bonnet Pro's Multii Brush System on it for trashed apartments. I can get anything clean with the Multii Brush System and Vacaway Grease Hawg with a boost of Brite All or Detonator and rinse with Flex Ice.

Last edited:
Reactions: smart n kleen