FB So I have seen it all in my days as a carpet...

D

Dub Henning

So I have seen it all in my days as a carpet cleaner.. so I thought.. I have ran into severe foam on hundreds of jobs. Well today my customers had bought a new home and upon arrival I seen hundreds of stains most were bleached out and could tell someone did a home remedy spot treatment. As soon as I took my first step on the carpet I felt a crunch and felt it and figured OK probably urine. After inspecting the home the ENTIRE house was full a VISIBLE soap and strokes of a rug doctor or in home cleaner. I have never seen gunked up soap like this and the spotting job was even worse. Told customer there is no way I was cleaning it with my 360 brush head without doing a rinse first so either I can do the rinse or both but both would cost double. They wasn't interested in paying the extra costs so I did a light prespray on the heavy stains and rinsed the rest. Carpet turned out great and was soft to the touch and customer was happy. How would you all have handled this? Pic doesn't do justice but you can definitely see the white soap residue that was left behind. Felt like walking on indoor outdoor carpet.

D

Dub Henning

I vacuumed and didn't make any difference. The carpet was matted together. I told them I may walk but there main concern was the residue and that's all they could afford so I took care of it. They are going to have me come back and clean it next month. I know how standard carpet can foam with my brush head and was no way I was using it without rinsing it first. Double the work double the cost I told them. I am not huge on up selling a customer but do ask to get paid for my time and labor.

Latest posts