Direct Mail EDDM - So can someone fill me in on service monster | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Direct Mail EDDM So can someone fill me in on service monster

Jeffdzr

Jan 24, 2009
Lexington,SC
www.prestigesystmes.net
Real Name
Jeff Ingold
Business Location
United States
So me and my wife have been running business for 17 years, we use quick books for all our accounting but have had a hard time with secondary advertising.

What I mean is keeping the ones ( customer ) I have already got. Is service monster the way to go. Their is no real videos out about their service except a short demo.

But are their any reviews from %!*@%%**!%!*@%%**!%!*@%%**!%!*@%%**!%!*@%%**!%!*@%%**!%!*@%%**!%!*@%%**!%!*@%%**!%!*@%%**!%!*@%%**!%!*@%%**!%!*@%%**! showing how it works.

Can someone fill me in

Please help

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I can ask Sandee to respond. We have been using them for years. The main benefits besides offering scheduling software,they also offer sending post card reminders,thank you cards and they provide a customer history summery. She likes them.

Reactions: whoises1

AdmiralClean

Poster
Premium VIP
Mar 13, 2007
Alabama
I have used SM for a couple of years now. I must be happy with it, since I plan to continue with them. They do nothing for me that I couldn't do for myself if I really needed to. However, I never did it before using them, and probably would screw it up if I tried doing it for myself now.

You don't need SM to keep up with your customer account information, or service history, you certainly don't need SM to keep up with your accounting information. You can do all in Quick Books. What you can't do well with QB's is keep track of when you should mail out reminders to your customers, much less actually MAIL the info to them. That's where SM is useful.

Last edited:
Reactions: aloha one

Responder

Sep 16, 2012
Pikesville, MD
Real Name
Chaim Kessler
Business Location
United States
I have used SM for a couple of years now. I must be happy with it, since I plan to continue with them. They do nothing for me that I couldn't do for myself if I really needed to. However, I never did it before using them, and probably would screw it up if I tried doing it for myself now.

You don't need SM to keep up with your customer account information, or service history, you certainly don't need SM to keep up with your accounting information. You can do all in Quick Books. What you can't do well with QB's is keep track of when you should mail out reminders to your customers, much less actually MAIL the info to them. That's where SM is useful.
Does SM actually mail the reminders and thank you cards or does it give you the address list to be sent out?

mikkel99

Dec 2, 2013
Real Name
mikkel henderson
Lol can u send me the link

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using TMF Forums mobile app

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
been using for one year.. has made my life a lot easier.. nothing to do when I get home now. my one gripe is they are very slow to make simple changes, like on the mobile version, my jobs and my estimates look exactly the same on the schedule.. a light blue bar with a name and zip code..I've asked over and over why can't estimates show as a red bar.. I have paid help to go ride to estimates before because I didn't catch it until too late..not a huge thing, but would be easy for them to do, but they seem to be kinda unresponsive to stuff like this

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums mobile app

Reactions: AdmiralClean

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
I am looking at the service Monster site and they state their services "Start" at $80 per month. Is that worth it to send out reminders and thank-you cards? I honestly don't know. Maybe it would be if it landed you that one extra job per month to pay for itself. Anyone else use this thing and have you seen marketable results from it?

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
I am looking at the service Monster site and they state their services "Start" at $80 per month. Is that worth it to send out reminders and thank-you cards? I honestly don't know. Maybe it would be if it landed you that one extra job per month to pay for itself. Anyone else use this thing and have you seen marketable results from it?
I looked there too. Too salty for me. But if I was more established maybe. I use contactme dot com.

mikkel99

Dec 2, 2013
Real Name
mikkel henderson
Is there a cheaper service that send out thank u and reminder cards?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using TMF Forums mobile app

AdmiralClean

Poster
Premium VIP
Mar 13, 2007
Alabama
been using for one year.. has made my life a lot easier.. nothing to do when I get home now. my one gripe is they are very slow to make simple changes, like on the mobile version, my jobs and my estimates look exactly the same on the schedule.. a light blue bar with a name and zip code..I've asked over and over why can't estimates show as a red bar.. I have paid help to go ride to estimates before because I didn't catch it until too late..not a huge thing, but would be easy for them to do, but they seem to be kinda unresponsive to stuff like this

That's my only SM complaint. They hired programmers stuck in the 80's.

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
Well after looking at contacts.com and Service monster, I am going to hold off a bit. I think my business is still to small to justify that. I did however go to Walmart and bought a bunch of thank you cards. I am spending the rest of the day sending them out to my existing clients as reminders. As I grow I will look into a service like monster. Today was spent on marketing and I have taken some big steps. I am hoping to have 7 full-time streams of marketing working for me. Hopefully next month I will be able to have some positive results and then will have a need to subscribe to service monster or a similar site. Ok, gotta go fill out thank-you and reminder cards.

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
it is worth it.. I see 1000 percent return on some cards..
but if you actually will do it yourself, I'm sure you'll accomplish the same thing, I just never was consistent with it on my own

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
it is worth it.. I see 1000 percent return on some cards..
but if you actually will do it yourself, I'm sure you'll accomplish the same thing, I just never was consistent with it on my own

Thanks for the insight. So what package do you have and how much is it per month? When I was looking at teh service monster sight it didn't look like the thank you cards and reminder cards were included for the $80 per month. Also, do they help you out with SEO stuff?

owenscott

Aug 6, 2009
Friggin Cold Upstate NY
Real Name
Stop snoopin u homo
Business Location
United States
Another thread showing some competition for service monster. Recently posted. Not sure the name ... search it. Much cheaper and sounds better too.

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
Thanks for the insight. So what package do you have and how much is it per month? When I was looking at teh service monster sight it didn't look like the thank you cards and reminder cards were included for the $80 per month. Also, do they help you out with SEO stuff?
The $80 covers the use of the software only for I believe up to three trucks.. don't remember as I only have one..
The cards are per piece. it's around $1.25 per card.. They are very nice and female friendly. They are also sent in a envelope with first class postage which is 50 cents of your $1.25 right there..
That is important as if you send bulk mail, they do not come back to you ., they do first class so you know who moved to either update or delete to keep your database clean..
your paying for the convenience really.. you get a little notification when a Fms is due. so if you have a group of custs due for three, six, month etc... reminders, they send you the list of names, you just make sure there is no one who moved or anything, hit approve, and they bill your card and they all go out... takes 60 seconds tops..
75 cents a card for that convenience.. if you are regimented enough to do it on your own all the time CONSISTENTLY, then save your money.. if your not,definitely worth letting them do it..