Small Personal Pressure Washer

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Funny story. Several years ago a credit union we do janitorial for tried to get it's building pressure washed. Small Town, smaller county. No one advertised for this service. The manager couldn't find anyone so she asked me if I could do it for $1400. I said yes I can do it for a little less than that. I went to home Depot, bought the most expensive PW they had. A Ryobi with a Honda engine. It was $400-500 bucks. I washed the building in like 8 hrs. For 5 yrs now I do that job twice a year. So my $400 PW has made me like 10k+. Just on that job. Let alone a few other jobs I've used it for. Just make sure to get one with the highest GPM you can afford or justify. 3gpm is nice for residential use.
I keep thinking about getting a better PW but this one just won't die. No reason to change it if it's still making me money.
Just keep good gas in it with stabil or run all the gas out of it. Even the cheap Chinese engines can run forever these days, but with bad gas and gummed up carbs, nothing will run.

Last edited:

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Thats exactly what I was going to recommend @Smtwn janitorial My dad bought one of those ryobi's a couple years ago. Puts about 20 hours a year on it and has never had a problem. Bought it on sale for $300 I believe.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
I bought a sun joe 1.75 gpm electric pressure washuer. For around 180$....
Hooked it up to my kero north tools kero heater and pressure washed my driveway this weekend with the turbo..........as thespray gun is not fast enough......and doesnt clean even.......
Took 3-4 hours and maybe 20x40'. 800-1000 sq ft
Even with a kero heater you will need more gpm......
2 gpm is absolutely maximum you can buy with electric.....
Like mentioned i would purchase. The 4-5 gpm gas powered and get to work.....
Even on small jobs those elec. ones take forever......

Apr 14, 2017
Alberta, Canada
www.blasttech.ca
Real Name
Aidan Houde
Hello friend,
There are two types of pressure washers available in the market, which fulfill your requirement.
1. Electric Pressure Washers
2. Gas Pressure Washers
Both the pressure washers are helpful in power washing so you can try any one of them.

Hoss4x4

Sep 25, 2011
Real Name
Dennis Graham
Business Location
United States
A commercial belt driven 4gpm machine will work for almost all your needs unless you get into bad grease or parking lots!

PWJack

Dec 27, 2017
Real Name
Jack Nolan
Funny story. Several years ago a credit union we do janitorial for tried to get it's building pressure washed. Small Town, smaller county. No one advertised for this service. The manager couldn't find anyone so she asked me if I could do it for $1400. I said yes I can do it for a little less than that. I went to home Depot, bought the most expensive PW they had. A Ryobi with a Honda engine. It was $400-500 bucks. I washed the building in like 8 hrs. For 5 yrs now I do that job twice a year. So my $400 PW has made me like 10k+. Just on that job. Let alone a few other jobs I've used it for. Just make sure to get one with the highest GPM you can afford or justify. 3gpm is nice for residential use.
I keep thinking about getting a better PW but this one just won't die. No reason to change it if it's still making me money.
Just keep good gas in it with stabil or run all the gas out of it. Even the cheap Chinese engines can run forever these days, but with bad gas and gummed up carbs, nothing will run.
Honda engines are the key. A good residential pressure washer that has a Honda engine becomes a semi-pro pressure washer that you can use to make money for years. Congrats man, what a great ROI on that Ryobi!

Aug 2, 2017
Real Name
Bret Stevens
Get a 13 horse honda. You will do fine with that. Cat pump preferred, but any really will do

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Ive been beating the hell out of this little guy. 2800 ryobi. And its taking it. Running it all day no breaks. Friends borrow it and use it. Starts and runs like a champ. 4000 psi and a bit more gpm would be nice. But so far its fine around a house or small jobs.
20180816_130848.jpg

Used it to remove spilled paint thats been dry for over a month.
20180717_135041.jpg
20180717_134022.jpg
20180816_130912.jpg

Kevidence

Aug 18, 2018
Real Name
Kevin
Ive been beating the hell out of this little guy. 2800 ryobi. And its taking it. Running it all day no breaks. Friends borrow it and use it. Starts and runs like a champ. 4000 psi and a bit more gpm would be nice. But so far its fine around a house or small jobs. View attachment 79422
Used it to remove spilled paint thats been dry for over a month. View attachment 79423 View attachment 79424 View attachment 79425
Beat me to it. I have the same Ryobi. Got in on clearance for around 300 I believe. They have honda engines in them. If you change the oil every so often it will last you a lifetime. I have at least 200 hours on mine and its still like new.