Small Personal Pressure Washer

Discussion in 'Power Washing Forum' started by CleanFreak210, Apr 17, 2017.

1. CleanFreak210

CleanFreak210 New Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm shopping around for a pressure washer with the following criteria:
    - Intermittent use around once per month
    - Small, only requires cleaning small areas or spots on asphalt and sidewalk
    - Powerful

If anyone has suggestions please shoot me a response, thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jim Davisson

Jim Davisson Active Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Male
    Owner Operator
    Serving the greater Charlotte area
    Ratings:
    +198 / 0 / -0
  3. Smtwn janitorial

Smtwn janitorial Active Member

Sep 21, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +294 / 0 / -0
    #3 Smtwn janitorial, Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    Funny story. Several years ago a credit union we do janitorial for tried to get it's building pressure washed. Small Town, smaller county. No one advertised for this service. The manager couldn't find anyone so she asked me if I could do it for $1400. I said yes I can do it for a little less than that. I went to home Depot, bought the most expensive PW they had. A Ryobi with a Honda engine. It was $400-500 bucks. I washed the building in like 8 hrs. For 5 yrs now I do that job twice a year. So my $400 PW has made me like 10k+. Just on that job. Let alone a few other jobs I've used it for. Just make sure to get one with the highest GPM you can afford or justify. 3gpm is nice for residential use.
    I keep thinking about getting a better PW but this one just won't die. No reason to change it if it's still making me money.
    Just keep good gas in it with stabil or run all the gas out of it. Even the cheap Chinese engines can run forever these days, but with bad gas and gummed up carbs, nothing will run.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Robert86

Robert86 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2016
    Male
    Kalispell, MT
    Ratings:
    +513 / 1 / -0
    Thats exactly what I was going to recommend @Smtwn janitorial My dad bought one of those ryobi's a couple years ago. Puts about 20 hours a year on it and has never had a problem. Bought it on sale for $300 I believe.

5. Anderson

Anderson Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Belton Texas
    Ratings:
    +354 / 5 / -0
    I bought a sun joe 1.75 gpm electric pressure washuer. For around 180$....
    Hooked it up to my kero north tools kero heater and pressure washed my driveway this weekend with the turbo..........as thespray gun is not fast enough......and doesnt clean even.......
    Took 3-4 hours and maybe 20x40'. 800-1000 sq ft
    Even with a kero heater you will need more gpm......
    2 gpm is absolutely maximum you can buy with electric.....
    Like mentioned i would purchase. The 4-5 gpm gas powered and get to work.....
    Even on small jobs those elec. ones take forever......

6. AidanHoude

AidanHoude New Member

Apr 14, 2017
    Alberta, Canada
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello friend,
    There are two types of pressure washers available in the market, which fulfill your requirement.
    1. Electric Pressure Washers
    2. Gas Pressure Washers
    Both the pressure washers are helpful in power washing so you can try any one of them.

7. Hoss4x4

Hoss4x4 Active Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Male
    Ratings:
    +208 / 0 / -0
    A commercial belt driven 4gpm machine will work for almost all your needs unless you get into bad grease or parking lots!