Small Oil Leak in Boxxer 423S

CertifiedBoise

Jul 1, 2018
Boise, ID
www.certifiedcarpet.cleaning
Real Name
Austin Tromburg
Hi All,
I am an independent carpet cleaner in the Treasure valley and have been dealing with a small oil leak upon my Hydramaster Boxxer 423s. I've taken the unit in to our local mount repair place but the problem seems to persist after two visits, one to replace a gasket and the second to follow up from the fist
. I am hoping by putting a picture or two of the issue here for outside input, I may find a different course of action to rectify the issue.
The main issue with this (aside from the engine drying out- I check oil levels twice daily) is that the droplets of oil expend onto one of the exhaust pipes which makes smoke...not a lot, but enough to be noticeable.
Any constructive input is appreciated.
Thanks, Austin

Attachments

JarradM

Feb 27, 2016
Real Name
Jarrad Miller
Hi my name is Jarrad Miller. I also have a 423 with the same leak i think. Im also in the boise area and i think i bought another one of certifieds vans a couple years ago.
Anyway just wondering if you ever got it fixed as im dealing with the same issue. Took it to carpet cleaner store he replaced the front oil seal and the two covers but still leaking.

Any input would be much appreciated!

CertifiedBoise

Jul 1, 2018
Boise, ID
www.certifiedcarpet.cleaning
Real Name
Austin Tromburg
Hi my name is Jarrad Miller. I also have a 423 with the same leak i think. Im also in the boise area and i think i bought another one of certifieds vans a couple years ago.
Anyway just wondering if you ever got it fixed as im dealing with the same issue. Took it to carpet cleaner store he replaced the front oil seal and the two covers but still leaking.

Any input would be much appreciated!
Hi Jarrad,
sorry for the late reply, I didn't see this until now. I took mine to a guy in garden city who had a small engine repair shop. It seemed to fix the leak at first, but after a few more hours of work, it started leaking again..albeit much less than before. I think I will try the suggestion posted below..

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Hi Jarrad,
sorry for the late reply, I didn't see this until now. I took mine to a guy in garden city who had a small engine repair shop. It seemed to fix the leak at first, but after a few more hours of work, it started leaking again..albeit much less than before. I think I will try the suggestion posted below..
I had the same issue with my old engine on my Boxxer 421. I used the sealant above in the red package labeled High temp. It was the solution to my problem. I think those valve covers are prone to leak oil and I don't think I would have ever gotten it to stop w/o that gasket maker. Worked like a charm first time and done. I think I also did have to apply some around the screws that hold the valve cover on too if I remember correctly.