Small Engine Repair In Toronto? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Small Engine Repair In Toronto?

Jan 3, 2016
Real Name
Evan
Hello all,

I've been having problems with my Kholer engine overheating. I see that it may be due to a small leak in the coolant moving from the rad to engine. Any suggestions with regards where to take this? It has been hard to find someone to look at it because its hooked up to the TM.

Any suggestions would be kind.

Many thanks!

Chris Henry

Jul 20, 2017
Real Name
Bucky Rogers
Hello all,

I've been having problems with my Kholer engine overheating. I see that it may be due to a small leak in the coolant moving from the rad to engine. Any suggestions with regards where to take this? It has been hard to find someone to look at it because its hooked up to the TM.

Many thanks!
Hey Evan,
I had a kohler engine (25hp) that I thought was overheating. It would crank right up, run smoothly, and then about 3/4 of the way through a cleaning it would shut off. I thought the same thing you did, ITS OVERHEATING!
The problem was, my machine was not equipped with a temperature sensor to shut off the engine if it was overheating. My engine only had an oil sentry that keeps it from running when low on oil. Ultimately I found that the fuel pump (which was located in the valve cover where you fill the oil) was going bad. I replaced the fuel pump with an electric one and it has not shut off since.

The mechanical pumps have diaphrams that start to go bad. I didn't want to take off the valve cover and replace the mechanical pump so I just took the fuel line of the valve cover and connected an electric one I bought at AutoZone for $50.

I hope that helps.

Chris Henry

Jul 20, 2017
Real Name
Bucky Rogers
Hello all,

Many thanks!
Did you find a solution to your kohler engine problem?