Small area strip and wax

Jeff Marek

Aug 24, 2012
Real Name
Jeff Marek
Business Location
United States
We just got a pizza restaurant carpet clean, and the owner wants to know if we could strip and wax the take-out foyer. I told him we don’t do much s&w but would do this for him.
What’s the going rate these days (I’m thinking $10sqft about 150sqft). Would appreciate input!

Jeff Marek

Aug 24, 2012
Real Name
Jeff Marek
Business Location
United States
So your saying for a foyer 1500 bucks, restaurants are too cheap for that but you never know !

That’s what I was thinking?! Got the $10sqft from someone on You-Tube. What would be a good price? I was thinking combining the restaurant and the foyer ( restaurant is 1000sqft of CGD carpet ) for $600?

Last edited:

Jeff Marek

Aug 24, 2012
Real Name
Jeff Marek
Business Location
United States
I would be of the mind to ask for 250 take it or leave it... Not worth all that trouble for 150 bucks.
If thats all I was doing I'd be at $300, but also doing the carpet, if you can do that floor the same night, $150 is fair.

That’s my plan.
They close at 11:00pm, all employees should be out by 12:00am.
Strip 1-1.5 hrs
Wax 2.5 hrs 5coats
Carpet cleaning 2hrs
Total 6hrs = $600 ( $100/hr )
Haven’t S&W in a while, may take less time to strip, but I’ll give a 1/2 per coat of wax.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
That’s my plan.
They close at 11:00pm, all employees should be out by 12:00am.
Strip 1-1.5 hrs
Wax 2.5 hrs 5coats
Carpet cleaning 2hrs
Total 6hrs = $600 ( $100/hr )
Haven’t S&W in a while, may take less time to strip, but I’ll give a 1/2 per coat of wax.
I could generally have 150 sq ft stripped and 3 coats wax down in about 3 hours, so I think you're right on schedule there.

Reactions: Jeff Marek
May 9, 2016
www.fibertecservices.com
Real Name
Shane Munsey
Business Location
United States
I could generally have 150 sq ft stripped and 3 coats wax down in about 3 hours, so I think you're right on schedule there.

What wax are you using? I use National Chem Laboratories 24/7 and i never use more that 3 coats unless I'm maintaining it on a buffing schedule. For a foyer that should be good. You could strip and apply one coat of wax and go clean some carpet after about 30min go apply the next coat just make sure your shoes are dry or wear booties then repeat for the last coat.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
What wax are you using? I use National Chem Laboratories 24/7 and i never use more that 3 coats unless I'm maintaining it on a buffing schedule. For a foyer that should be good. You could strip and apply one coat of wax and go clean some carpet after about 30min go apply the next coat just make sure your shoes are dry or wear booties then repeat for the last coat.
I'm using Castleguard by Buckeye right now. Hoping to work something out to make it economical to switch back to a product I used to use and my clients and myself really liked.

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
I use a private label brand that is made in Toronto, Canada. By far the best floor finish I’ve ever used. The second best I’ve ever used was castleguard. If I could get what I’m using now that would be what I’d get. The difference between the two is the one I’m using doesn’t have quite as high a shine up on completion. But after buffing or burnishing it far surpass castleguard. The toughness of this finish exceeds any finish I’ve ever tried. Including urethan finishes. The repairability is that of low solids finish. Mind you like castleguard it’s a little more difficult for newbies to apply due to streaking. But the best finish anywhere in my opinion!