Slide-In Truckmount Advice

SMYLiE Guy

Mar 25, 2017
Ohio
Real Name
Alan Mighton
Business Location
United States
Get the most powerful unit possible. The small units with a # 3 blower are more expensive in the end when you realize they are quite a bit less powerful and you are spending extra time on the job. After being through 12 units over the years, I would get one with at least a #4 blower. Also consider not only how hot they get but how much temperature they will actually maintain when constantly cleaning. This is typically a significantly lower temperature on the smaller units. Bigger is better in my opinion. It's expensive to buy an under powered machine in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums
Awesome advice here! I appreciate the input. I'm going to be searching for a larger unit for sure. Yes it's quite a big jump in cost, but even the smaller units are quite the investment. If I'm going to do it, I might as well do it right. Looking at the next size up with #4 blower & min. 4 gpm pump.

RickVan

Mar 9, 2011
IL
www.securecleanbsi.com
Real Name
Rick VanderKoy
Business Location
United States
We do several banks and found that they don't mind our using a truck-mount as long as the door is secured with a cable and padlock so that the hoses can fit through the opening but no one can enter. That said we use Cimexes primarily with encap chems on banks and other commercial carpeting because they do a great job, dry fast, produce very few wick-back problems, are more productive, and are simpler for the techs to learn.

I agree with the others - buy the biggest, hottest unit you can with a view toward long-term ownership and usage.

SunnyDays Carpet Cleaning

Aug 23, 2014
Real Name
David Dubois
IMG_1616.JPG
IMG_1633.JPG
I have a almost new Apex for sale, PM me...