Slick tile?? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Slick tile??

TylerH

Jan 27, 2018
Real Name
tyler horn
I have a commercial job I have been cleaning for years they have the tile cleaned every couple of years until recently it’s been fine. They have had a deep kitchen cleaning and replaced a few tiles in this hall. now all the sudden the floor is slick. I cleaned the floor with Saigers Sauce scrubbed with a 175 floor machine got the floor pretty clean put fans down walked across the floor it was not terrible. It’s been 3 weeks and they are back to having the same problem slick in the one hall out of the kitchen. I know for a fact they tripled the amount of cleaner they put in their mop buckets, they used commercial grade oven cleaner on the floor right out of the door and a couple other things trying to fix this problem. I know they do a poor job cleaning tile and I have talked to the managers about this the day after the first cleaning I came in and saw a black bucket of mop water and the floor already hazy from grease. Any thoughts or ideas on cleaning to remove the slick ness of the tiles? This has not been a problem in the past until the last deep cleaning.
Thank you guys in advance!!
Tyler Horn

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
they are blaming you for the slick floor??? You only clean it every few years?

TylerH

Jan 27, 2018
Real Name
tyler horn
they are blaming you for the slick floor??? You only clean it every few years?
No not blaming me just curious what else if anything I can do to try to correct this

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
It's just like my old restaurant clients...we had this argument for an entire year.

I cant fix poor cleaning habits. They were using soap based chemicals, cotton mops, and same bucket in kitchen and front of house.

So i could clean the whole place Sunday and by Wednesday it was ruined again.

I finally made him a bet if he did what I told him it would stay cleaner much longer.

Honestly most people have ZERO clue how to mop appropriately.

Reactions: Scott W