simple truck mount less parts than a ETM

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I think for a single operator those machines are fun. But when you have technicians as we all know they dont follow the rules. Having fuel fired TM's scares me to death because of how idiotic these guys can be.
The facts are they have very few breakdowns and you're only a phone call away.
shoot pro Kim's breakdown like nobody's business when they get some miles on them. you honestly think your tecs are going to be able to figure out how to do anything on one of those nightmares

Jun 26, 2010
TX
Real Name
Eric O'Bryan
Business Location
United States
Odin, I really liked the videos. My father built a few truck mounts (for himself only) and had the same outlook as you: truck mounts don’t have to be expensive to get the job done. He had a lot of apartment contracts back in the day so he was always using his residential cash flow to float these 60-90 day slow payers and had to be super resourceful to stay afloat....hence the self made machines. Unfortunately, these machines were hard on the eyes to look at and always having issues because there wasn’t enough precision going on in the manufacturing process ...lol

akleenerimage

Jan 29, 2012
Ohio
www.akleenerimage.com
Real Name
Joe Orcutt
Business Location
United States
As somebody that has owned a Chemtex for 7 years and now have it available as a backup since acquiring a butler I can tell you from experience that there is a huge difference in reliability and quality and output of the machine. I thought when I had my Chemtex that I had it made lol. It had the 20 hp Kohler engine and the 47 blower. What I have now discovered after having the butler is that the machine was greatly underpowered by the engine. I had 2 different pumps put in and both of them did not put out near the pressure of spray that the butler does. The vauum recovery is quite a bit different also. I can run this butler at low range and still have more vacuum power than if the Chemtex were screaming full blast and I don't even have the max blower system on the butler. I wouldn't have believed it myself the difference unless I experienced it myself. I'm so sold on the Hitler now that I will never go back to another machine. You don't know what you don't know. The Chemtex was a great starter machine but there is a huge difference in the two.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
I love just how clean and simple it's design is

EMTs are sometimes so complicated all the different things you have to hook up that it's just simpler to go gas but small

I personally have never owned a small gas
TM
Just a butler and a power Genesis anything but simple lol

I do really like my EMT because of its size and the capability of removing it from the vehicle but I would be willing to say that repairs on the machine in that video are way simpler than the repairs on my EMT

I mean shoot 6 Grand is less than what I have in mind EMT set up
No, he is not making truck mounts at this time

Many of the issues were caused by him Nick was or still is a procrastinator after awhile that catches up with you when the interweb is faster. So much of what happened was not deserved. Nick could not say no to anyone, I told many times not to sell to certain people who had a well-known reputation for being a major pain in the gluteal
cleft.

Then it was the years of bulletin board jihad. He was just trying to make affordable truck mounts without kissing the bulletin board bullies butts.

This is all water under the bridge

There are many EZ users out there I now call all the machines orphans

What I am trying to do is if you see a used EZ for sale most going cheap you pretty much have a diamond in the ruff don't be afraid to buy it.

With a little effort and some wrenching, you will have a money maker

you can have any metal shop wrap stains steal tube for an HX or just gut the HX and go for a little giant or Johns HX
let the hate begin

Less parts than a ETM ?
Damn straight it is especially what you posted.
No cords-no down line booster - no generator or a Dryer to fooking move . .If I was full time or had a 2nd Van I would certainly have a K.I.S.S. TM.
AMEN

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
As somebody that has owned a Chemtex for 7 years and now have it available as a backup since acquiring a butler I can tell you from experience that there is a huge difference in reliability and quality and output of the machine. I thought when I had my Chemtex that I had it made lol. It had the 20 hp Kohler engine and the 47 blower. What I have now discovered after having the butler is that the machine was greatly underpowered by the engine. I had 2 different pumps put in and both of them did not put out near the pressure of spray that the butler does. The vauum recovery is quite a bit different also. I can run this butler at low range and still have more vacuum power than if the Chemtex were screaming full blast and I don't even have the max blower system on the butler. I wouldn't have believed it myself the difference unless I experienced it myself. I'm so sold on the Hitler now that I will never go back to another machine. You don't know what you don't know. The Chemtex was a great starter machine but there is a huge difference in the two.

Sold on Hilter? LOL

akleenerimage

Jan 29, 2012
Ohio
www.akleenerimage.com
Real Name
Joe Orcutt
Business Location
United States
I'm guessing autocorrect got ya Johnny and you meant butler not hilter. Yeah I am for sure sold lol. Even though I maintained my Chemtex very well I was always seeming to break down with this problem or that problem...literally like once a month. We have had the butler for 6 months now and have yet to have one breakdown. Which is similar to the other experiences of owners that I have read about...this is what lead me to buy one.
I don't care about having the most powerful machine out there...I just want one that works reliably and still does an awesome job. Even with only the one heat exchanger we still hold 200 all day long which is more than enough for carpet.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I'm guessing autocorrect got ya Johnny and you meant butler not hilter. Yeah I am for sure sold lol. Even though I maintained my Chemtex very well I was always seeming to break down with this problem or that problem...literally like once a month. We have had the butler for 6 months now and have yet to have one breakdown. Which is similar to the other experiences of owners that I have read about...this is what lead me to buy one.
I don't care about having the most powerful machine out there...I just want one that works reliably and still does an awesome job. Even with only the one heat exchanger we still hold 200 all day long which is more than enough for carpet.

Auto correct didn't get me on the Hitler comment. It got you! I was just busting your balls, and giving you a hard time. Towards the end of your post it auto corrected to Hitler instead of Butler.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
The butler is a great machine, well layed out and a pleasure to work on. The Chemtex machine can be too, it takes some finesse and parts deletion/superceding, deleting kill circuit stuff, to get it to play nice all the time. Congrats on moving up to the Butler, you are going to love it!

akleenerimage

Jan 29, 2012
Ohio
www.akleenerimage.com
Real Name
Joe Orcutt
Business Location
United States
The butler is a great machine, well layed out and a pleasure to work on. The Chemtex machine can be too, it takes some finesse and parts deletion/superceding, deleting kill circuit stuff, to get it to play nice all the time. Congrats on moving up to the Butler, you are going to love it!
Already in love with it ! Even though we haven't and any repairs we have been ordering parts that might potentially go bad so we are ready . I love seeing the layout of this thing and how they have made it so easy to work on. I know with my Chemtex to change the belts you had to loosen up the water pump and it was a best to get to it and to get it back on tight. The coupler would go every 6 months or so and had to slide the engine out to repair that. With the butler the belts are done with a tensioner so nothing to take apart. Looks like a bunch of the connectors are all qd fittings so they will be easy. I've been super impressed with the suction and pressure of the machine. Thanks Jim !

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
The butler is color coded, with QC's everywhere logical and is virtually bug free. Direct coupled blowers like the chemtex require alignment in x and y axis fashion or they eat couplers for breakfast. Sometimes, literally a beer can thickness shim under one side or end of the blower will stop that awful coupling dust from forming with a brand new one. Steamway units are exactly the same, 30 minutes to get the part in.... 1 hour to align everything perfect plus lots of bad words lol

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
The butler is color coded, with QC's everywhere logical and is virtually bug free. Direct coupled blowers like the chemtex require alignment in x and y axis fashion or they eat couplers for breakfast. Sometimes, literally a beer can thickness shim under one side or end of the blower will stop that awful coupling dust from forming with a brand new one. Steamway units are exactly the same, 30 minutes to get the part in.... 1 hour to align everything perfect plus lots of bad words lol

This is why do not like couplers. I prefer to go with belts instead.