showerfeed on machines | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

showerfeed on machines

powerwashcarpetcleaning

Jul 17, 2012
Palmdale, CA
Real Name
Walter Arauz
Have any of you guys ever put a ball valve or something to slow down the shower feed so it will not over wet and last longer? I was thinking of making the hose smaller and the opening barb smaller to get a more even shower feed seems like the Cimex last much longer than the usual rotaries

Any ideas Or experiences?

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
My shower feed lever will let less if you just don't pull as hard. See if yours pops open all the way when you squeeze the lever. It may open gradually like mine and yes, I had mine quite awhile before I discovered that trick.

powerwashcarpetcleaning

Jul 17, 2012
Palmdale, CA
Real Name
Walter Arauz
Yes that makes sense but sounds like I need to get a feel for it. I was just thinking making thr flow more consistent by restricting flow so any pull will be evenly dispensed.

Sounds like your very experienced...

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
The Cimex does have a valve.

Yepp, just use one of those inline on your shower feed as it drains to the floor. You can buy them all day long and Lowes and Home Depot.

I wouldn't restrict the flow through going with a smaller diameter system, what if in the future you need more product to come out?

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Yes that makes sense but sounds like I need to get a feel for it. I was just thinking making thr flow more consistent by restricting flow so any pull will be evenly dispensed.

Sounds like your very experienced...

And it is that experience that teaches us.

The best way to learn anything is with practice. If you have any old, spare carpet laying around, practice on that. If you clean vacant apartments, that is the perfect place to practice. Another great place to play around with a shower feed (and using a carpet brush) is on concrete. You will be able to SEE the amount of solution that you are putting down. Wash the brush off when you are done. Just know that the more you pull up on the shower feed release handle, the more come out. The less you pull, the less comes out. Simple. But let me ask you this.....Are you using an actual shampoo with your shower feed?....Are you doing an old dual process of shampoo and then rinse & extract method? If you are using an encapsulation product, then I would highly recommend you do not use a shower feed and instead apply encap solution via pump, or electric sprayer. You will get much better and uniform coverage that way. Plus it's just the correct way to use the system. You have to understand exactly WHAT the system is meant to do....What it was created for.

Paul Brown

Aug 18, 2008
Santa Rosa CA
Real Name
Paul Brown
Business Location
United States
Walter,

I have a ball valve in line to the drive plate. It's great for a positive shutoff when moving equipment in and out of buildings and vans, and when you stand the machine up to chaNnge a pad. It also gives you more control of how quickly you put down solution. Up until I bought the Mytee Wave tank, I was pulling a bent piece of brass connected to the solution valve.
The Mytee floor machines have a mountainbike brake lever style solution lever that is easy to pull and modulate. If yours solution feed lever is brass, you might want to build up the diameter of the area with rubber or plastic tubing...many times before I had the Mytee solution tank and machine my "trigger" finger would go to sleep from compression on a small area of it.