Shout out to Chem-Tex

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 12, 2016
Real Name
Robert Cotton
I was basically given a 20.5 hp chem-Tex panther unit. I was allittle wery about putting it to use as someone who has only ever used CDs 4.8s and titan units I wasn’t sure how it would compare. After teaching one of my techs to do the belts and oil changes on it and him running it for a month he has let me know that he feels it preformed just as well as the titan 575 and cds’ that we run. With better heat then the cds. Great value for a truck mount will be interested how it holds up in the long term and will be looking into using these for future van builds and

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Maybe your CDS-4.8s and titan 575 is not running as they should. Not knocking Chem-Tex as I bought one in 2008 and used it for 7 1/2 years but I know they will not come close to those big units you have.

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
I have both 4.8 cds and chem-tex. The 4.8 runs a lot hotter and more suction as well. Especially on the long hose runs. My Chem-tex had always been a reliable machine and the maintenance is easy.

Oct 12, 2016
Real Name
Robert Cotton
I have both 4.8 cds and chem-tex. The 4.8 runs a lot hotter and more suction as well. Especially on the long hose runs. My Chem-tex had always been a reliable machine and the maintenance is easy.
Unfortunately the guy that owns the company I work for orders the cds’s With out the salsa units so we are lucky to see 160-170 at the truck. I do have it hooked up to a HydraMaster dumptank(not sure if that makes a huge difference.) I took it out for the second time today honestly I think I would rank my truckmounts as follows CDs 4.8 w/o salsa, chem-Tex panther, Titan 575, Titan 875. Honestly I felt like it was pretty hot all day on a 6 flow wand. I’m not saying that this is the best/most powerful unit out there but you have to admit it is an excellent value.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
I have a 4.8 without salsa, i intentionally ordered it that way so i could preheat my water to 140/150 right after it leaves the machine i have it plumbed into a eurotec diesel burner it's thermostatically controled it will will run up to 300 degrees at whatever flow i want. machine is an absolute beast

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I have a 4.8 without salsa, i intentionally ordered it that way so i could preheat my water to 140/150 right after it leaves the machine i have it plumbed into a eurotec diesel burner it's thermostatically controled it will will run up to 300 degrees at whatever flow i want. machine is an absolute beast
Curious, why do you prefer this over the Salsa? Couldn’t you do both?

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Guess you could just have to plumb the flow or pressure switch before the salsa their usually rated at like 180 degrees. The burner puts the salsa to shame