Should we bring back the IPS Sprayer with the newer V8? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Should we bring back the IPS Sprayer with the newer V8?

Should we let IPS Sprayer guy back?

• Yes

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Yes with stipulations

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
We have had many ask and even some on a waiting line for the newest version. This is version 3 for me. In 2015 we sold and everyone enjoyed the IPS. Then around 2016 when he upgraded it to V7 it had a battery and wand leak issue.
Problem is he disappeared and so did parts/service. We all struggled, as I use them too on all my trucks, and we found better batteries and repaired our lances. 2016 for some reason was a bad year for the Frenchman. To sum it up in all TRANSPARENCY, he is back.
He says the issues are fixed and that he has a new service department. We still use ours daily but I know a lot members who just chucked theirs. So I ask, you the members, to decide, do we bring back the IPS even though 2020 might be a bad year for the Frenchman too?
Yes=Yes its fine
No=Please don't sell them
Yes w/stipulations=Customer warning on buying page

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I still use my old one, works great. Do some testing and if it is a good non problematic tool then it would be very useful, I use mine for tile grout cleaning, because the trigger is controllable it won't over spray to the sides.

Reactions: WAM

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I still use my old one, works great. Do some testing and if it is a good non problematic tool then it would be very useful, I use mine for tile grout cleaning, because the trigger is controllable it won't over spray to the sides.
Why even spray for tile and grout? Flat mop is 100% better and less risk also much easier

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Why even spray for tile and grout? Flat mop is 100% better and less risk also much easier
wow to think even the bug guys use a mop on tile a and grout? So you mix a bucket of some grout master dip the mop and mop??

Then suppose you could mop it back up or tile wand or spinner or whatever?

Carpet Medic Inc

Mar 28, 2014
Real Name
David
We have had many ask and even some on a waiting line for the newest version. This is version 3 for me. In 2015 we sold and everyone enjoyed the IPS. Then around 2016 when he upgraded it to V7 it had a battery and wand leak issue.
Problem is he disappeared and so did parts/service. We all struggled, as I use them too on all my trucks, and we found better batteries and repaired our lances. 2016 for some reason was a bad year for the Frenchman. To sum it up in all TRANSPARENCY, he is back.
He says the issues are fixed and that he has a new service department. We still use ours daily but I know a lot members who just chucked theirs. So I ask, you the members, to decide, do we bring back the IPS even though 2020 might be a bad year for the Frenchman too?
Yes=Yes its fine

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
That’s how we do it also for tile and grout. We don’t want too take any chance regardless of the cleaning solution we are using

Reactions: ACP and LeeRoy

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
you still have to be careful with a mop no matter what, its all about skill, if I am cleaning a high end home I would spray on the areas that I am not close to the delegate areas like high end kitchen cabinets etc then with my gekko brush head wand I would distribute the sprayed cleaner to the dry areas. Very easy, ips has a variable speed that makes my job easy that it wont splash

Reactions: WAM

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
Yes=Yes its fine
I have 2 ips sprayers and dont use them much because the batteries are always dead. I really like them and they work great. I actaully took mine apart and added the chemical reaistant seals and was amazed how easy is was to take apart. I think they should make one with an option to plug in if the batteries die.

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
Yes=Yes its fine
Im actually going to try and use my ips more. I get so used to just using the hydro force injection sprayer. But it is nice not having to run the machine especially when you crb.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
wow to think even the bug guys use a mop on tile a and grout? So you mix a bucket of some grout master dip the mop and mop??

Then suppose you could mop it back up or tile wand or spinner or whatever?
Just mix groutmaster in a trigger sprayer bottle using the measurements on the side, shake it up and pour a ribbon in center of floor, flat mop it around working it under toe kicks, around toilet etc backing your way out of the area.

Set up hoses and clean inward front to back so you don't get any slurry on your hoses.

We do tons and tons of tile/grout/stone this is by far the most efficient and safest way

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
you still have to be careful with a mop no matter what, its all about skill, if I am cleaning a high end home I would spray on the areas that I am not close to the delegate areas like high end kitchen cabinets etc then with my gekko brush head wand I would distribute the sprayed cleaner to the dry areas. Very easy, ips has a variable speed that makes my job easy that it wont splash
There's no reason to spray it bro, to not hit baseboards you have to keep the gun so low to the ground anyways... plus flat mop works the solution into the grout lines much better, under toe kicks, up to the transitions, etc.

It's also much faster to don't have to worry about rinsing out the sprayer after.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Just mix groutmaster in a trigger sprayer bottle using the measurements on the side, shake it up and pour a ribbon in center of floor, flat mop it around working it under toe kicks, around toilet etc backing your way out of the area.

Set up hoses and clean inward front to back so you don't get any slurry on your hoses.

We do tons and tons of tile/grout/stone this is by far the most efficient and safest way
Ok makes sense.

Ribbon? You mean just pour some out in the kitchen to spread, right?

Also, absent a tile wand or spinner is it possible to mop back up to extract? (like before I purchase a tile wand)

What is a good flat mop and heads?? to use for tile and grout?

Thank you!

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Try some on your fleet and on someone else's fleet who you trust. If you dont have any problems in 6 months then sell them. Your customers shouldn't be the Guinea pigs.

Reactions: Mama Fen

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
I like the idea of the sprayer but the thing would need to work. Tools that do not work on the job stress me out.

Reactions: sbsscn

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
There's no reason to spray it bro, to not hit baseboards you have to keep the gun so low to the ground anyways... plus flat mop works the solution into the grout lines much better, under toe kicks, up to the transitions, etc.

It's also much faster to don't have to worry about rinsing out the sprayer after.
Flat mop like the swifter sweeper type head or janitorial type rope/string head? Thanks.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Reactions: brian3180

Carpet-Max

Aug 9, 2012
Real Name
Russ Zinck
After all three of my IPS's failed in the same week, I literally threw them away and switched to the Worx sprayer. I've gotten them on eBay for as low as $42. Couldn't be happier.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States

Can you extract with a flat mop and microfiber mop head instead of pulling hoses in??

In theory sounds like it could be done.