Should I

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mrblazer

Mar 29, 2015
Real Name
Sergio esquivel
Business Location
United States
Should I even attempt to clean this viscose rug.
IMG_20180612_110542.jpeg
IMG_20180609_140943.jpeg
IMG_20180609_141001.jpeg
IMG_20180612_110912.jpeg

mrblazer

Mar 29, 2015
Real Name
Sergio esquivel
Business Location
United States
In some areas where the couch was it's looks a bit red
IMG_20180612_112326.jpeg

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I’ll Clean just about anything as long as the customer understands the limitations on what can be done.

If they expect it to look new then turn it down

If they expect you to clean it for under $300 then turn it down.

As long as they understand the rug is pretty much trash and you will do your best with it and as long as they understand they will pay no matter what the results are then clean it.

Nov 11, 2013
Katy, TX
www.shookcarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Joe Saad
Business Location
United States
I’ll Clean just about anything as long as the customer understands the limitations on what can be done.

If they expect it to look new then turn it down

If they expect you to clean it for under $300 then turn it down.

As long as they understand the rug is pretty much trash and you will do your best with it and as long as they understand they will pay no matter what the results are then clean it.
$300?!?! How does that work?

mrblazer

Mar 29, 2015
Real Name
Sergio esquivel
Business Location
United States
We sent her a email about the potential outcome of the rug after we clean it.
IMG_20180612_113825.jpeg

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Rug Smack, blue pad, then bonnet, (disclaimer signed) and it should come out close to new

I could have done a rug close to this today , but the deal hinged on my cleaning their furniture too..... I passed !
Blue pad on viscose?:eek::oops:

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
hell yeah look at that filthy rug... you need to restore that carpet back to a clean appearance!!! I don't believe its too aggressive at all.... Red pads are useless

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
hell yeah look at that filthy rug... you need to restore that carpet back to a clean appearance!!! I don't believe its too aggressive at all.... Red pads are useless
I don’t think I would take any kind of mechanical agitation to it. I have a super soft push broom I might use on It gently.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Viscose?

Id the fiber first,
If you do decide to clean it, treat and clean it like a cellulose fiber (raw/unprocessed cotton[Haitian cotton])

Do thorough vacuuming, and if possible (recommended) use a rug badger.
Use proper chemistry to help prevent cellulose browning.

Because it is a regenerate fiber (just a bit superior than Rayon) Its a Bit higher quality than Rayon)
I would not be too aggressive and I would not over wet it. I would dry it facing a clean floor with the air blowers floating it, just in case it browns it would wick into the base of the fibers.

definitely have them sign a waiver. I usually charge $4.50 per sq ft if I clean in my wash plant but with viscose it rises to $5.75 per sq ft and I explain to them the disclaimer and have them sign the waiver.

Looks like its already suffering from Lignin issues ( cellulose browning)
take notes, photos and document it very well, but if you're not sure pass on it

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Its a rug not a carpet, You'll end up distorting the pile or shredding it, It wont like smooth anymore. Maybe thats why it would "come close to new" because youd be sanding the fibers.

Do NOT use a 175 on this fiber or any scuffing pad.....just pass on this

Nov 13, 2010
tx
Real Name
Greg Ripley
Business Location
United States
That's exactly what I was thinking
Big negative on bonnets in viscose. They are a weak fiber (paper) that even a wand can create permanent pile distortion. This rug can be washed, but will likely not look much better. As others have said.... Clean with some improvement in appearance. This is the problem with viscose....permanent wear VERY QUICKLY.

Sent from my SM-G950U using TMF Forums mobile app

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Rug Smack, blue pad, then bonnet, (disclaimer signed) and it should come out close to new

I could have done a rug close to this today , but the deal hinged on my cleaning their furniture too..... I passed !
Sorry, but I have to ask, have you ever actually done what you're talking about on a trashed viscose? If you ever get a chance I'd like to see the before and after on it. I've never heard of anyone doing anything even remotely as aggressive as that on viscose. Honestly, I seriously doubt a disclaimer would do any real good even if they signed it, but I'm not an attorney either. Personally I don't need money so bad that I would do that rug. I'd tell em it's ruined and be done with it. I wouldn't attempt to restore the unrestoreable. If I can't do em any real good why bother to try?

Btw, I barely see any viscose in my area and personally I hope it STAYS that way!!!

mrblazer

Mar 29, 2015
Real Name
Sergio esquivel
Business Location
United States
Client declined the cleaning if it wasn't going to look much different than it is.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Client declined the cleaning if it wasn't going to look much different than it is.
That’s the best thing to do. Better to be honest up front with them than take money from a disappointed customer. I’ve picked up many loyal customers from situations like this. They now know they can trust you and will hopefully call you for all their cleaning needs in the future.

mrblazer

Mar 29, 2015
Real Name
Sergio esquivel
Business Location
United States
Yes we do have a rug plant close by . I'll have to give them a call and run it by the boss man first.