Should I stick with ETM or go for a Entry Tm?

Jim Chen

Jan 13, 2017
Real Name
JIM CHEN
Curious what are the normally services cost for TM? Heard people has the regular services every 50 hours, but I am not sure what it need to be done and cost.

Been running ETM a few years and I always need to find 3 seperate socket to plug my led not a big deal for it but just take another 5-10 mins to solve it out. one for machine one vac booster one heater, future next year after has a final decision between a entry TM, I might actually add a diesel generator in van (I prefer( reason for it is to save time for set up without plug led into customer house and just looks better, and I might actually adding some more powerful vac motor .
and in the pass 2 years I haven’t actually need much services for the potty machine or other.

About the life of vacuum motor 5.7” 3 stage/2 stage, 500hours of life, after 500 hours do we replace the whole vacuum motor or do we just spend few bucks to replace the motor brush? I guess this is the main services for the poty motor? And what other normal maintaining services must for a ETM set up?

If the ETM are running similar performance as Entry TM

Thanks heaps everyone.!

Reactions: Luky

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
This is Truckmountforums, not Electric Truckmountforums.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Just get a simple entry level TM and never look back. You can get a 45 blower 25hp machine from Relia-Built for a great price. Their machines are bullet proof and way out perform any ETM. Any service needed you do yourself, oil changes, belt changes etc... all very easy

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
This is Truckmountforums, not Electric Truckmountforums.
So Ed Valentine never cleaned carpets with a legit TM?
I’m always confused. Not saying most TM aren’t (often) more power then a ETM. But if your gas powered generator (power) is a part of your TM or separate from it aren’t they both consuming gas power? Just because one has a cord, and the other the cords built in the the power source? Is a car radio a electric radio, but a house radio isn’t? Or a vacuum built into the house, verses a vacuum we plug in not using power? Or does the stigma really come from actual vacuum power on a available TM verses a ETM?

Last edited:
Reactions: sbsscn and Fedri

Jim Chen

Jan 13, 2017
Real Name
JIM CHEN
Just get a simple entry level TM and never look back. You can get a 45 blower 25hp machine from Relia-Built for a great price. Their machines are bullet proof and way out perform any ETM. Any service needed you do yourself, oil changes, belt changes etc... all very easy

Yeah! Just check on their website, cheapest option was the 5k+ but only 190cfm looks very good on everything, thank you!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
At times there has been more activity in the Electric forum than the gas tM.... You old grump.

lol...My worst fear is coming true, I’m becoming a grumpy old man.

Reactions: Luky and Rick Imby

Grn Steamer

Dec 5, 2014
Real Name
Matt R
I have a mytee etm and a prochem ledgend. Most residential and a significant amount of commercial you can get by with truckmount with a fresh 20hp motor and a 36 blower if it's plumbed well. I run 2.5 straight to the waste tank and have a kunkle set at 14hg. It works well.

My etm worked pretty well. I got lots of 5 star reviews. It was inexpensive compaired to a new truckmount. A couple notes...the wastetank is small, foam is a problem even with defoamer. Vac motors last no where near 500 hours. Just like a porty they get wet. Soon enough preformance degrades...without you really knowing because it happens slowly. Vac motors are not cheap if you have to replace them often.

It was good for what I used it for and has it's place. But it doesn't compair to a truckmount on a long term basis. My truckmount never has foam problems and suction is always great. A truckmount will last a long time with just minimal maintiance...belts, oil and a few other things.

If i had to do it over I'd either finance a entry level truckmount or buy a good used TM from a local dealer...probably the latter.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
At times there has been more activity in the Electric forum than the gas tM.... You old grump.
You are 100% correct, I think there are also more political posts than gas TM posts. I have mostly gone from a poster to a reader and dont mind what posts are about and just take it all in.

Reactions: Luky