Should I add Air hog for Nautilus 5.7 Machine? | Page 2 | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Should I add Air hog for Nautilus 5.7 Machine?

Discussion in 'Portable Carpet Cleaning' started by Jim Chen, May 13, 2017.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. Jim Chen

Jim Chen Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    How to get them set up right? I am looking for to have one next year, and will add a small hose reel in my mini van , so far I am hand roll all the hose, pain and time taken, and unprofessional I think. I hope by getting a reel hose would speed up.

2. powerhouse_cc

powerhouse_cc Active Member

Feb 15, 2017
    Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0
    [​IMG]

My truckmount is older than me been passed down from my great grand father

3. Fedri

Fedri Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Male
    Mississauga Canada
    Ratings:
    +866 / 7 / -0
    If you will not run more then 100ft of hose then running your
    Nautilus
    in parallel should be plenty, but you can always run the air hog between for more power but make sure all of that stays outside so the exhausts don't shoot foam when you hit a foamy carpet while cleaning. Too risky to keep any type of machine inside the house, mine always stays outside except in cold winter.

4. keep it clean

Premium VIP

Dec 3, 2012
    Male
    carpet cleaning/installation
    Ratings:
    +5,514 / 2 / -0
    Defoamer buddy. No problems with foam eruptions in the house. I use fabric softener in the waste tank. (Not the carpet) Works pretty good. Not as good as crystal defoamer. But it works. Also makes the vac exhaust smell good. Mountain fresh

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jim Chen

Jim Chen Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Thank you so much! You gave me some confidence! My machine is 194 cfm 2*5.7, I am wondering by adding air hog 114cfm, would the total CFM be 300? If yes I believe it can run a bit longer than 30M

6. Fedri

Fedri Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Male
    Mississauga Canada
    Ratings:
    +866 / 7 / -0
    I don't know how much total of cfm will be after adding the airhog but the suction will be very strong. I have dual 3 stage 5.7s rated at 230cfm, I run from the machine(machine stays inside the van) to the inside of the garage or porch about 25ft then I have the air hog and then another 50-85ft of hose that goes inside of the house, this gives me a great suction. Because I don't use a defoamer that is why I will never consider this set up inside the house, plus it is noisy which makes the customer uncomfortable. So this is my typical connectivity on a job, if I get to a home that has restricted power suply then I only use my machine without the air hog and again I am having a good suction up to 100ft and very rarely I have used it at 140ft with only 2 cords and still managed to get great results with my cleaning.

7. Jim Chen

Jim Chen Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Excellent! Thank you! Have you every consider about running a geneartor ? Because I don't have auto fill and dump, one reason with air hog is it can auto dump, because by adding a auto dump in the machine will over 10amp which aren't safe in our country so... the reason asking geneartor, is thinking it would save some time, also I am looking to get a second hand hose reel, so far I am hand rolling up all the hose... pain and take long time to do it. Thanks a lot for your reply, really make me have some confidence on it!

8. Fedri

Fedri Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Male
    Mississauga Canada
    Ratings:
    +866 / 7 / -0
    Up to a certain ft (100ft-150ft) you should not see any decrease of your cleaning results as long as you vacuum thoroughly, pre-spray specially the traffic lanes and scrubbing the shit out of the nasties to break through the dirt, treating the remaining stains and rinsing the loosened dirt thoroughly and making extra dry passes when you are working with longer hose runs.

9. Jim Chen

Jim Chen Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I have a friend who has the Jau 8.6, and we tried I think was around 40 M hose, and his machine is just a bit more powerful than mine I think,

10. Fedri

Fedri Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Male
    Mississauga Canada
    Ratings:
    +866 / 7 / -0
    I don't think adding generators are safe leaving them inside the vehicle, some guys here will not agree but I am against generators for being unsafe and fumes that may go inside the house if the vehicle is parked too close to the door etc etc...

If you have a restricted 10amp lines in your country then I would suggest you not to buy the air hog because the air hog will run at 12.6amps. Also you have mentioned that you don't have auto in and dump because of amp restrictions, in this case bring the machine inside the hose and use the bucket to fill/empty the tanks manually, this is the simplest way for you, also when you bring the machine inside this means that you will not use more then 50ft of hose on average which means that your machine that is configured in parallel (higher cfm) will have sufficient suction with 2" hose diameter. Don't use 1.5" hose, 2" hose will give you higher cfm.

11. Fedri

Fedri Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Male
    Mississauga Canada
    Ratings:
    +866 / 7 / -0
    Yes Jag 8.6 will use more amps then yours, that is the reason it will be more powerful then yours. the vac motors in his machine will use 13 - 13.5amps and yours will use 9-10amps.

if you added a pump out, it will only use 1.3amps (small pump out)

12. Fedri

Fedri Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Male
    Mississauga Canada
    Ratings:
    +866 / 7 / -0
  13. Jim Chen

Jim Chen Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    The air hog I am wanting are 230V/240v and I think is safe because it sales in our local supplier, I always left machine outside of the house or garage and run 2inchs hose. But never bring into the house, just because it is too heavy and I am always wanting like a electricity truck mount set up(left the machine in the car) I am mainly on commercial and residential cleaning in the past 8 years, but getting more and more carpet to clean these 2 years, so wanting set up all these looks professional and excellent result at same time, thanks a lot for your information!

14. PhilipW

PhilipW Active Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Male
    Owner/Operator
    South Carolina
    Ratings:
    +245 / 0 / -0
    230V at the same wattage is half the amps - so that would barely be a blimp on the radar if they made a 2230V pumpout. The Air hog would also be fine because it's 13 amps on 110v but the same size motors would only pull 7 amps on 230