Shipping Question | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Shipping Question

Amb326

Jul 25, 2019
Real Name
Alex Bordelon
Hello Everyone, First time posting here and hoping someone can help me out.
I have a 2 jet wand for sale but i am getting ridiculous quotes from all shippers do to the size. Obviously large packages get shipped regularly for reasonable prices i just cant seem to find it. Any answers, reccomendations, or contacts would be greatly appreciated.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I found that out too. It wasnt the shipping so much as it was the packing. they wanted 120 just to box it.

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
they are charging you for dimensional weight

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Hello Everyone, First time posting here and hoping someone can help me out.
I have a 2 jet wand for sale but i am getting ridiculous quotes from all shippers do to the size. Obviously large packages get shipped regularly for reasonable prices i just cant seem to find it. Any answers, reccomendations, or contacts would be greatly appreciated.
[/QUOTE
I was sending brand new wand to CT, I made a boot for the wand head and put bubble wrap around valve and trigger. I was able to ship it to for less than half of what you've mentioned. UPS or any other company don't have a box requirement, but you're taking risk, if item is going to get damaged. Wand arrived safely. If you were shipping high quality wand ( $1000- $1800 value) , then it would be okay to consider to put it in the box. Do your self a favor and post your wand on offer up or letgo. You'd be lowballed, but local sale is more realistic. Be ready to fight offers between $50- $70 . Don't become offended and politely decline those offers. Such skinny wand don't take a lot of space. If you don't sell it and your garage is not heated, winterize it ( run antifreeze trough it) or simply remove the jets and male QD and let the water drain on its own, otherwise your risking costly repairs ( $ 70 - $100) which is more than value of the wand in present time.
What is you location?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Wands are pretty tough. Just wrap in bubble wrap and throw a shipping sticker on it and take it to a UPS store. Should be a lot less

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
some times it's not worth shipping a 100 dollar wand

Amb326

Jul 25, 2019
Real Name
Alex Bordelon
Thanks for the quick responses. its a cheap 2 jet. I have it on the classifieds here, letgo, and ebay. It is the dimensions that's the problem.