Anonymous
Jun 29, 2012
Salem, Oregon
www.fastfinishor.com
Real Name
Patrick Rhea
Business Location
United States
Consumer encapsulation! I bet these stick around for a while. IICRC approved even. Heck, I think I want one just to see how good it works... For only $200 a consumer becomes a "pro" overnight. Won't clean grout but it might look good enough to drop regular home services for a lot of people. I am interested in how well it does for hardwood floors.

http://www.sharkclean.com/shark-sonic-duo/sonic-duo-system/index.shtml

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
IICRC does not certify cleaning products nor processes. The IICRC certification statement is inaccurate. CRI only certifies HWE equipment and cleaning agents used in HWE. Possible that they used their cleaning agent in a HWE machine for CRI testing. I have not checked the CRI site to see if they list these products.

FastFinish

Anonymous
Jun 29, 2012
Salem, Oregon
www.fastfinishor.com
Real Name
Patrick Rhea
Business Location
United States
They don't say IICRC, they said CRI certified it.

I saw that...I think customers pay less attention to that. They believe they can spend the same amount of money for that and do it rather than hire someone. Same as pressure washing. Although I do think that if it cleans as it shows it is doing pretty well as a product. The encap solution is doing what it is supposed to do anyway.

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
It's gonna be popular.
Hacks can fit it into the pinto wagon.

Reactions: vladimir

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Pinto, thats huge.

I am getting me one of those Smart Cars. 50 MPG and made by Mercedes Benz.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Will have 0 impact on our business, most suburban buyers have a carpet cleaner anyway. The wealthy ones even have central vac systems better then your portables...

This industry is about sales/service NOT equipment.

john geurkink.com

Jun 18, 2008
Winchester, Ky
Real Name
John Geurkink
Business Location
United States
Actually Scott CRI also tests and approves other equipment, we are going there for testing ourselves. The Shark Sonic Duo is approved by CRI, I talked to Lloyd Cooper the scientist that tested it. Shark just has not approved it being put on the CRI list on CRI's page yet.
Sure its slow, sure is light, sure its cheap, but if you think it doesn't work, well, you will probably see that it will change a lot of peoples viewpoint about cheap plastic hwe machines people use in their homes because it will do a LOT more and more types of flooring to boot. It WILL maintain all their floors very well.
I think it will have a lot more effect than Shane thinks it will. It will change peoples perspective more than anything else.

Jimmy L

Apr 16, 2012
Ne
Real Name
Jimmy Ladigwag
Business Location
United States
When they go down in price I'll buy one to maintain my wood floors.

Now if they only made one two or 3 times bigger and of a robust commercial quailty that would be great.

Maybe Orbitec can make a knock off?

Lefty724

Oct 21, 2008
Salad Bowl, Cali
Real Name
E
Business Location
United States
I agree, once they go down in price I wouldn't mind getting one to play with?

I will just be sure to buy from Costco or BB&B so I can return them all the time.

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
Will have 0 impact on our business, most suburban buyers have a carpet cleaner anyway. The wealthy ones even have central vac systems better then your portables...

This industry is about sales/service NOT equipment.
I agree with you 100%. This is not the 1st good tool that a customer could get their hands on, but for consumers everything is a fad... They buy kitchen gadgets that cost tons and never use them... They get sold on a product but it won't solve their problems if the don't use it... Then they call us.

I'm sure a Kirby or electrolux could out clean this and they have a much better sales system behind them... This is an infomercial nothing more.

Reactions: Gasoline

BonnetPro

Oct 1, 2009
Pa
www.bonnetpro.com
Real Name
John Klucznik
Business Location
United States
I would not get to upset:) . Rug Doctor is everywhere yet it makes little impact. People use it once or twice and realize that is sucks ( carpet cleaning joke) and don't want to be bothered again. This tool is easier to use ( maybe) but the quality of the chems probably wont be very good and don't forget - people are lazy, busy, or just don't want to be bothered especially in certain income brackets. It could be a good spotter, maybe, again the chems but people wont want to take the time to clean a 3 or 4 thousand foot home with it. Besides it gives you a chance to market against it before it really hits the consumer market. One more reason why you are valuable to them as a true professional.

FastFinish

Anonymous
Jun 29, 2012
Salem, Oregon
www.fastfinishor.com
Real Name
Patrick Rhea
Business Location
United States
I jut saw one at Wal- mart and the size is smaller than I thought it would be and the chem package is $25 for around 28 oz of pre spray. I think the Chems alone will keep people away. Either that or they will use stuff that doesn't work and think that the whole thing is a sham..

Sent from the Fast Finish IPad
www.fastfinishor.com