Sewer | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. Cameron RDS

Cameron RDS Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +918 / 0 / -0
    Been working on a sewer damage the last couple days. Definitely not a big fan of doing sewer jobs, but I take the good with the bad. What's y'all first step when you see this on the floor?
    [​IMG]

2. MikeGaure

Premium VIP

Nov 23, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +5,316 / 19 / -0
    me i would leave then call my buddy he does stuff lol

3. Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +918 / 0 / -0
    Ha their good money, but we do the ripping out and drying out. If you do the whole process, they are definitely worth it.

4. crash1big

crash1big Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Male
    owner operator
    Illinois
    Ratings:
    +3,808 / 9 / -0
    Spray everything that was wet with an antimicrobial. Set up containment, run an air scrubber and use proper PPE during tear-out. Bag everything in 3 mil construction bags ( or heavier). And be safe....:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +918 / 0 / -0
    Pretty much said what we did. We might added a couple more things in there, but for the lack of typing ya nailed it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jtsunbrite

Premium VIP

Sep 4, 2015
    Male
    Houston, Texas
    Ratings:
    +4,675 / 11 / -0
    Same thing here , we spray the area and rinse and clean it first then do the tear out and bag, set up containment and airscrubber..

Its best to do the whole nine yards on them.... now on pm jobs they will not pay for that so we spray clean set fans with air scrubber ! then I have to do the whole write up that we did what we were told to do but the correct way is this and that.. I try to cover my ass.

• Like Like x 2
  7. mike$

mike$ Active Member

May 29, 2014
    California
    Ratings:
    +322 / 7 / -0
    this is a sewer job

Attached Files:

8. mike$

mike$ Active Member

May 29, 2014
    California
    Ratings:
    +322 / 7 / -0
    zoom on human feces

9. mike$

mike$ Active Member

May 29, 2014
    California
    Ratings:
    +322 / 7 / -0
    woops last pic didnt take. 35- 40 tampons floating throughout home, 50-60 pieces of human feces.

Main sewer line backup with 3-4 kids walking through it. 1 lady sleeping on the floor in it.

Landlord didn't care. She told me for batom I dont care about those people or that house... Called police had tenants removed that night, had the house condemned by the county within 2 days. Red tape with do not enter signs everywhere. Insurance paid $120,000 to have the house torn down to studs and rebuilt.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Scott W

Scott W Preferred Vendor
    Premium VIP

Feb 14, 2006
    Technical support Bridgepoint
    West Jordan, UT
    Ratings:
    +10,531 / 11 / -1
    First thing - put on proper PPE. Then begin removing the gross filth. Double bag it. While doing this, think about how you will spend the profits. This job might pay for that trip to Florida this winter.

• Like Like x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...