Set-up & Breakdown Contest! (Rob Allen vs Mike Camacho)

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
Rob, don't beat him that badly or his ego could be irreparably damaged. We need the mexican flower thug to remain The Great Camacho or we could experience a swarm of east going females, the likes that I won't be able to handle in my twilight years.

We all know that the no reels bullshit is borderline insanity. Just let it slide, Rob. Let it slide.

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
So we get to see the video? There are some pretty boastful claims on set up and break down times for a bunch of 50+ year old geezers.:D Truth be told I'm impressed regardless.My hose management skills have never been my strong suit. I want to see how Mike handles that much hose without a reel. I'm wanting to learn that figure 8 thing Rob does so well...
Is this just ripping stuff off the truck starting up the machine and then shutdown? Awfully specific estimations so I'm guessing some dry runs have been tried.

MPR

Mar 10, 2014
Illinois
Real Name
Mike Raimer
Business Location
United States
So we get to see the video? There are some pretty boastful claims on set up and break down times for a bunch of 50+ year old geezers.:D Truth be told I'm impressed regardless.My hose management skills have never been my strong suit. I want to see how Mike handles that much hose without a reel. I'm wanting to learn that figure 8 thing Rob does so well...
Is this just ripping stuff off the truck starting up the machine and then shutdown? Awfully specific estimations so I'm guessing some dry runs have been tried.
I saw the you tube video on the figure 8 for the hoses...works great

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Hose management becomes tougher with old age. Has a mind of its own at times.

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Mike will set up from farthest point of cleaning and roll back to TM
Rob will set up by taking off hose and doing his best impression of Dr Octaviois ( wrapping hose in figure 8) and lay out from back of van to farthest area of cleaning.
Pack ups will be similar but Robs will be faster ( he could engage electric hose reel and manually roll up solution line ... hence killing two birds with one stone).

Reactions: Gasoline

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Mike also needs to strap and hang 3 50 fter vacs in the back of his rig on pack up .
Also needs to hang a 100 fter and a 50 fter solution line ( or perhaps he has a dedicated 150 solution).
This will add considerable time on the packup versus a hose reel.

earl804

May 16, 2014
York PA
www.susclean.com
Real Name
alex c
Business Location
United States
Mike also needs to strap and hang 3 50 fter vacs in the back of his rig on pack up .
Also needs to hang a 100 fter and a 50 fter solution line ( or perhaps he has a dedicated 150 solution).
This will add considerable time on the packup versus a hose reel.

true but you also have to factor in mike is a freak of nature and i'm guessing very competitive and will probably sprint through the exercise. so you have to factor that into your calc

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
true but you also have to factor in mike is a freak of nature and i'm guessing very competitive and will probably sprint through the exercise. so you have to factor that into your calc
I took this into consideration Alex.
Rob ain't no slouch either.
Bottom line is we never sprint while setting up or tearing down.
Don't think that should be allowed , move at a fast walk tops.

Reactions: jimmypietsch

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
I was assumming a home on my estimated times ( factor in walls / corners / turns etc).
Parking lot would be way to easy.
Should have to use corner guards ( huggers) at least.
Well that's fine. No two homes are set up alike though. How are you going to adjust to that?

lmullica

Dec 27, 2009
Johnston, Iowa
www.mullicacarpetcare.com
Real Name
Larry Mullica
Business Location
United States
Larry they are only setting up one TM not a fleet of three(y) lol ( but actually I'm serious).

Grant. These dudes are OLD. They'll probably have to take a break after they get 100' inside the house (if that's where they are going with it). Now, if they are just dragging hose straight out of the truck into a parking lot, yeah maybe 60 seconds each way.