Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
DBonez, I have only one question; were you born a total dickwad or did you cultivate this talent to the level it is at now?

Nelsonation, sorry to hear about the implosion that took place on your machine but why the heck were you carrying it upstairs? You see, if you listen to some of the halfwits on this forum (and there is a plethora of them), you will suffer in many ways. Follow my word like the bible and save yourself before it is too late. There is NEVER any reason to carry a Mytee portable up stairways. NEVER.

Now, I suspect that a Cross American hippie freak snuck into the Mytee warehouse a few months back and sabotaged Nelson's machine by loosening a screw or two. Nelson, you must check every screw now and look under your car for possible explosive devices. You never can rule out how far a horde of pot heads might go to protect their cause. I am calling conspiracy.

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
Nelson, I have one other question. After the machine landed on top of you, mounted you and made you bleed like a virgin, did you get out the blood stains and more importantly, did you charge the customer extra for the blood stain removal?

haha

Sorry Nelson but Tron was right. Your story, while perhaps not intentional, was extremely funny and I could not resist.

On a serious note, is your machine an M5? LTD5?

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
For the record, I barely ever bring my M5 into a house, let alone upstairs. You should try to minimize any liability that can occur by having a portable inside your customers' homes. Anything is possible, such as a leak, a fire etc. Like I said before, you should never have to carry a Mytee portable up a flight of stairs. Get enough hose to reach and an Airhog if you want extra vac power. Keep the machine on a concrete floor outside or in the garage.

Having said this, I don't blame Nelson for being pissed off. Just remember that nobody and nothing is perfect but John L. and Mytee are trying their best to build us quality machines. Refinement and perfection take time.

ECOPRO

May 11, 2009
None
None.com
Real Name
None
Business Location
United States
Deron, you must do some little houses and commercial buildings. To use the port as truck mounted. For reals? I thought you recommended to not go past 50ft.

You must also have shares in Mytee stock. Because you have a hardcore allegiance to this company.

I would have patented that DS of yours. Before giving it away, but I guess you already have an abundance of money. So I guess the is no need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Alex
Nelson resides in Chicago and cleans high rises etc. a porty is a must and stair climbing will always be a necessity . NO porty is easy to lug up and down stairs. He needs an tech to help .
Yeah he ranted somewhat but he called Mytee's customer service and got the old run around (http://www.truckmountforums.com/int...table-equipment-please-advise.html#post262581) like this man did who runs all porty's. My gawd Nelson's client was INJURED !!!
Glad to see you are coming around and leaving your extractor outside . Soon you will leave it at the street/van like I have been doing for over 2 years and now Timothy , Chokester and other M5 owners are doing also.
It'd okay to be wrong .

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
I was never wrong, Jim and I am not leaving it in the van or so far outside that I run more than 75' of hose. Most of the time, I am running 50' of hose. My strategy has not changed. I put the machine either in the garage or by the front door but not in the house.

If Nelson is cleaning high rises, then they have elevators so that argument is poor.

For the record, I always said that a new owner should blueprint the machine before using it. This is not a knock on Mytee but I do this with nearly every mechanical machine I buy, since getting into the habit when I bought racing motocross bikes years ago. Nelson's machine likely lost one of the bolts some time ago and that put stress on the second bolt and caused it to loosen or fail. As owners and adults, we need to take responsibility for our own fate and I constantly check things on my M5 as I do all my machines. If he had kept on top of his machine, this never would have happened. Secondly, I never allow customers to be anywhere near me when I am working unless I need to show them something. He made a second error by allowing his customer to be where he was. Of course, I have some 25 years experience and Nelson does not but I wish the best for him and hope that he learns to channel his anger in a more positive direction and take responsibility for what happened and learn from it.

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
Sorry to hear of the mishap.

I will look into purchasing the screw with the wings on them.
I wouldn't have used a lock washer and regular nut as NPepper mentioned it had. I would have used 2 flat washers a lock nut period. The lock nut will not work loose. You do NOT want wing nuts or a butterfly screw. They have no locking secure feature and are only made for easy removal, which is not what you want in this case.

All hardware should be stainless steel.

Those machine screws appear to be 1/4", more than big enough. And, as was mentioned, you only need it long enough to penetrate all the way through the female threads of the nut securing it in place which is inside the tank.

I also agree there should be no need to climb interior stairs with a portable.

You should be able to run 75' of vacuum hose with most portables IMO.

Joseph Rogers

Premium VIP
Dec 9, 2010
VA
Real Name
Jim Bob
Business Location
United States
By blueprint the machine, do you mean take it apart piece by piece and put it back together? I'd kinda been thinking about doing that with my LTD when I get it after reading this.

Nelson can be forgiven for his anger, if you ask me. I'd have been thoroughly pissed off myself, were I in his situation. The idea to take apart and put back together is a good one, I think, and will encourage knowledge of your machine.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Many Townhouses -condos do not have elevators. 3 -4 flights of STAIRS are not uncommon. Most of my runs are 100ft or less. Booster at front door if occupied. I will bring booster inside when doing an basement and I hate lugging anything up and down stairs.
His anger comes from the PISS poor customer service !! Some at Mytee do not know or care. He called Mytee first then rightfully so expressed his anger here on TMF where he KNEW he would get an reaction ! Pity those who do not use the web/forums.
Yes , we all need to maintain our equipment especially if one is removing extractor from van etc..

Timothy

Aug 14, 2010
KENTUCKY
Real Name
Timothy Jackson
Business Location
United States
I mainly use my M5+ but I do have a retirement home I do that is 5 stories and very wide, when at the retirement home I use my very light speedster using 25 foot of hose, the speedster is the extractor that I replaced the screws that it came with and put in lock washer with a wing nut or butterfly, Bob said don't use them but they have worked for me since day 1 with that machine but to each his own, I like to open my extractor at the least every month to check everything out and look for any potential problems, by the way you have not told us what extractor you have, hope it all works out for you.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Deron, you must do some little houses and commercial buildings. To use the port as truck mounted. For reals? I thought you recommended to not go past 50ft.

You must also have shares in Mytee stock. Because you have a hardcore allegiance to this company.

I would have patented that DS of yours. Before giving it away, but I guess you already have an abundance of money. So I guess the is no need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You caught that too!
haha

rjfdube

Dec 18, 2008
Pensacola
www.rickiefontenotsjanitorialservices.com
Real Name
Rickie Fontenot
Business Location
United States
Alex
Nelson resides in Chicago and cleans high rises etc. a porty is a must and stair climbing will always be a necessity . NO porty is easy to lug up and down stairs. He needs an tech to help .
Yeah he ranted somewhat but he called Mytee's customer service and got the old run around (http://www.truckmountforums.com/int...table-equipment-please-advise.html#post262581) like this man did who runs all porty's. My gawd Nelson's client was INJURED !!!
Glad to see you are coming around and leaving your extractor outside . Soon you will leave it at the street/van like I have been doing for over 2 years and now Timothy , Chokester and other M5 owners are doing also.
It'd okay to be wrong .
That why these are made;

http://cross-american.com/product_info.php?products_id=6&osCsid=eccb9aaf463d728e1b221c5781ce9bfd

which can have autofill/dump

http://cross-american.com/product_info.php?products_id=49

which would house your backup pump. a Rotovac with these would rock!!
You get older; you learn new ways to do things.

Status
Not open for further replies.