keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
8-10 a year wow, more like every 4 years for me. However I do change a lot of the switches, they burn easily and I don't know what causes it, this month I have changed 3x, it takes few minutes to change at the job, not that bad or expensive.
Open up the next switch that craps out. Youll see where they keep failing. Its usually overtime the contacts get further away causing arcing which overheats them to the point they weld themselves stuck on. Or they no longer can make contact.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
FWIW, here's what I found to be true testing and using some of the motors in this thread.

2 LX motors have the best cfm and good lift

An LX and a 122483-00 have slightly less cfm and great lift

Two 122483-00 or (122234-18 the slightly lesser of the 6.6 2 stage) have the worst cfm and the best lift

Two single stage LX in series develop about a 30% increase in lift and a 40% increase in cfm calculated from the leading motor

An LX and a 122483-00 in series develop a 40% increase in lift and 30% increase in cfm calculated from the leading motor

Two 122234-18 in series develop a 63% increase in lift and 22% increase in cfm calculated from the leading motor

The LX and 122483-00 (or 122234-18) combination of 3 stages in aggregate is the best balance for 2 motor ETM performance at distance for the money and amp draw in my experience.

ekash

Mar 22, 2019
Real Name
kash p
8-10 a year wow, more like every 4 years for me. However I do change a lot of the switches, they burn easily and I don't know what causes it, this month I have changed 3x, it takes few minutes to change at the job, not that bad or expensive.
I used heavy duty 20amp light switches for my switches and put them in outdoor weatherproof housing.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
You're lucky to be able to practice your style of cleaning, it's so much different here in Midwest. 4 K sqf of cgd in my books is exactly 2 hours with a help of heat, no agitation, CX-15, Bonzer at time. Rest of it is lean, mean 60 years old machine...
I'm in the Midwest also just north of Toledo . 67 years of a mean and not so lean machine LOL. Zipper/3ht or a Cimex to come close to your production.
Mytee never used any Ametek 2 stage 6.6 motors in any of the product line . I'm taking that you installed these 2 stage motors. I stopped using any kind of thermal protection in these motors (8.4s) years ago . This and good circulation extended the life.
I'm with you tho , If I had 25 restaurants a month plus residential to clean a TM would be my choice.

Attachments

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
The internal design of the waste tank is so important to direct water down and to pump out early and often. Tall tanks with good baffle design ingest the least amount of moisture vs short ones with these newer powerful vac motors.

Reactions: Fedri and Jimsteam

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
The internal design of the waste tank is so important to direct water down and to pump out early and often. Tall tanks with good baffle design ingest the least amount of moisture vs short ones with these newer powerful vac motors.
Yes and a tank you can see thru to monitor water level and foam.

Reactions: Fedri

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I'm in the Midwest also just north of Toledo . 67 years of a mean and not so lean machine LOL. Zipper/3ht or a Cimex to come close to your production.
Mytee never used any Ametek 2 stage 6.6 motors in any of the product line . I'm taking that you installed these 2 stage motors. I stopped using any kind of thermal protection in these motors (8.4s) years ago . This and good circulation extended the life.
I'm with you tho , If I had 25 restaurants a month plus residential to clean a TM would be my choice.
You're absolutely right about motors and choice of " weapon " on restaurants. Attached are pics with aftermarket plates for 6.6" motors .
You're in category " lean- mean " , pic is deceiving 'cause you're resting after some kind of performance in Bahia Principe resort ...

Attachments

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
You're absolutely right about motors and choice of " weapon " on restaurants. Attached are pics with aftermarket plates for 6.6" motors .
You're in category " lean- mean " , pic is deceiving 'cause you're resting after some kind of performance in Bahia Principe resort ...
I had the same kit from goomer, I wonder what happened to him, never see him on this board any more for a while and he doesn't respond to my messages.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Not sure why its deceiving .......... R.I.U.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I had the same kit from goomer, I wonder what happened to him, never see him on this board any more for a while and he doesn't respond to my messages.
I wonder the same, I tried to send more money his way, his plates were sturdy, easy to mount and 2 extra 6.6" motors had a huge impact on Escape's performance. His exact words: " Luky, how much more suck do you need, man?
I truly miss him. I hope he's doing well.

Reactions: Fedri