Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
76853.jpeg

Pretty impressive results for 3 motors: 311 CFM at 15.75" Hg with a broke in LX leading two brand new 122483-00's. Numbers will definitely be better with some burn in time on the 483's no doubt. With no hose on at the machine the LX pulled 15 amps and the 483's 12 amps each and the 483's dropped to 7.5 at max lift. Through the in the tank cyclone filter I was getting 285 CFM and 15.75" Hg, which is exactly what our 45 blower TM @3600 rpm has after the cyclone filter. For 40 amps this is definitely some impressive power.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
That’s next level stiff right there Jim. Props.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
In about 2-3 years when I sell my house I am planning to upgrade my van to a pro master or transit, I will make it exactly like a truckmount. I already can imagine it, a propane generator, otter pump or dual 220 psi pumps, mytee 80 gallons of water tank with a transfer pump, I will put 3 lx vacs in my goliath, an lg 3h heater, just pull the hoses and start working. Don't need any stinky gas tm.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Or instead of the 3 lxs in the goliath I would have my mytee lx in the van and a booster right outside the door, probably this will be better.

Reactions: Ymetimme

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Just funny question - why isn't there more push for ETM in the industry...is it not theoretically cheaper, less maintenance etc, assuming same level of CFM,Lift,PSI and heat can be achieved?

J20770

Premium VIP
Jan 14, 2019
Real Name
Jason Dumont
Just funny question - why isn't there more push for ETM in the industry...is it not theoretically cheaper, less maintenance etc, assuming same level of CFM,Lift,PSI and heat can be achieved?
Off the cuff I would say there is no financial incentive and people in general are resistant to change.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
That is reversed engineering to this set up...?

I do not see two vac motors pulling off the exhaust from one vac in the front as working under manufacture specs, or working with out problems.

Have a video ? I cant figure it out in my thoughts and my other testing years ago showed that a motor spinning too fast pops breakers. As the vac motor in the front would spin two times faster then by its self.

Last edited:

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
These newer motors are much different than the old ones from a couple years ago. As things progress and stay under a max 13 hp generator the ETM market will improve with this kind of vacuum performance.

Reactions: J20770

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
So what's the downsides to an ETM mount compared to regular TM

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
If you are a single wand residential cleaner, really none these days. Using a generator a fuel savings of 3/4 GPH and no blower maintenance expenses will offset/pay for replacement vac motors no problem. Setup right with a generator, it will be identical setup and breakdown time. There will always be arguments for and against gas or electric. Less maintenance, wrenching after work and nickel and diming you to death with electric in my experience of using both.

Reactions: J20770 and Fedri

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
So what's the downsides to an ETM mount compared to regular TM
by the time they get done with the Frankenmount ETM it's going to have more moving parts than a gas Truck mount and use just as much fuel and you still have to add a heating system

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
by the time they get done with the Frankenmount ETM it's going to have more moving parts than a gas Truck mount and use just as much fuel and you still have to add a heating system
Mobile items using a EMT, If the van goes in the shop, or if you need a van. Just remove your ETM components. Most portables are a easy fix in a few minutes if you keep extra parts in the box. Biggest problem is the water tanks and power source.

You can also have a few carts in a long trailer, that has all your carpet cleaning items on it. depending on the work ya do and there is electric and hot water is available
Drop off a tech on a big job and go to another job and drop another tech off. lol... Ya need some good techs though.

Reactions: Fedri and J20770

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
What kind of water heater do you use?

TWalters

Jun 22, 2018
Real Name
Tristen Walters
Really interesting. How hard is it to work an ETM vs an easy to work on machine like TCS, or Judson? I have a TCS Brave now and one thing that makes me want to stay away from ETM's in the future is feeling like they will be harder to repair on the job, and have more to go wrong