Seized titan 575 blower

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
So I finally decided to install my Titan 575 which I’ve had sitting in my garage for quite some time. Sure enough, when trying to fire her up I see the blower is seized. How is a seized blower usually freed? Assuming it can be freed and only rust was the issue, will it work fine after?

AffordableCarpetCare

Aug 30, 2013
Lebanon TN
Real Name
Matthew Patterson
Business Location
United States
Les Jones. Has a video on youtube how to unseiz a blower with a block of wood. Try spraying some penetrating our into it and use large pliers on the pulley if can access it turn both ways until it moves has worked for me before but was just from sitting overnight not long term

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
Is this blower salvageable by just spraying a lubricant and try to unseiz?
IMG_2877.JPG

IMG_2878.JPG

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
Was it under water? Looks pretty bad to me.

No, just seating unused for a very long time. I bough the 575 used with very low hours. It then sat in my garage for more than a year. It never occurred to me to have checked the blower or any other major components when I got it for that matter. I finally decided to install it and sure enough, when trying to start her up I noticed the blower pulley is stuck and when looking inside I see the rust.

AffordableCarpetCare

Aug 30, 2013
Lebanon TN
Real Name
Matthew Patterson
Business Location
United States
Since its just been in your garage i assume your not depending on it for use quite yet. . .If it were mine I would try soaking it down with PB blaster and let that soak into it and try to get it moving .

I found out hard way years ago that my machine doesn't have a filter in tank and at time I didn't have an inline filter. Blower seized at about 1 am at a chinese restaurant. My shop i go pulled hose and muffler off and it was full of crap. They used oil and worked it back and forth till all came out. That was about 4000 hours ago. The blowers are really pretty durable..

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
Since its just been in your garage i assume your not depending on it for use quite yet. . .If it were mine I would try soaking it down with PB blaster and let that soak into it and try to get it moving .

I found out hard way years ago that my machine doesn't have a filter in tank and at time I didn't have an inline filter. Blower seized at about 1 am at a chinese restaurant. My shop i go pulled hose and muffler off and it was full of crap. They used oil and worked it back and forth till all came out. That was about 4000 hours ago. The blowers are really pretty durable..

I could do that.
I am almost positive there are even other liquids I could use to try clean all that rust off of the inside.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I find it interesting that a lot of cleaners are actually mechanics.

If you take the same amount of time it takes to take the blower off, rebuild it and reinstall it but instead clean carpet in the same amount of time, I bet it would be close to buying a new blower with the income you make from cleaning.

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
I find it interesting that a lot of cleaners are actually mechanics.

If you take the same amount of time it takes to take the blower off, rebuild it and reinstall it but instead clean carpet in the same amount of time, I bet it would be close to buying a new blower with the income you make from cleaning.

Perhaps.
In my case, I am not rebuilding anything. And I never said am not working.

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
Cap off one side fill it with evaporust, clr, or a similar product let it sit for a day or two. Drain it soak it with pb blaster after doing so ill bet you can turn it by hand brother

That’s exactly what I did, but I used marvel oil, then PB blaster, and then WD40 rust release. The marvel oil didn’t seem to work as I had hoped. Maybe evaporust or CLR would have acted faster.
It’s free now!
Turning it took a little bit more effort than just by hand but it’s free now nonetheless.

Thank you!!

IMG_2898.JPG
IMG_2897.JPG

Reactions: SRD

SRD

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Now that its freed up flush it out real good with a garden hose flush water thru it while turning it then pb blast or wd40 again. You still have a few chunkies in there lol

Reactions: Rico1