keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Why did you raise your cleaning rate so much?
Because your floors are so muddy.
That's not our fault.
Well you're the ones who decided you didn't need to sweep and mop any more.
Would that really help?
Well it seems to work for all my other clients.

“But you have that machine. And it makes it so easy.”

Reactions: rob allen

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
“But you have that machine. And it makes it so easy.”
Its like you were in the room when I had this conversation! LOL!
Its bad when you have to change the water in the mop bucket 5 times just to mop the edges... Place is only 2500 sq ft.
Everyones heard it before. A maintenance guy i work with called me 2 weeks ago i think. The water co. Tanks over flowed. By tanks i mean indoor pools. And he needed help getting it all up. Ferric chloride. Holy crap does that stuff make a mess. They were going to let it go till he came in. If that stuff dries it gets hard as hell to get out.
thousands of gallons poured through the building. Only 2 rooms with carpet tiles. Everything else is concrete and epoxy.

Reactions: Robert86

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Oh man, let it go like "Ahh, just open the doors and windows, it will dry out." let it go? Thats freaking crazy!
I didnt want to do it. He said just get the water up. He’ll take care of it. No liability on my end. Supposedly that was 5 th flood in 3 months. Carpet is 3 months old lol.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Everyday you will see something new lol. That was a first for me lol.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Robert we're you stripping or just doing a heavy scrub? Vct looks dull. That is alot of mud.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Robert we're you stripping or just doing a heavy scrub? Vct looks dull. That is alot of mud.
I'll clean about a quarter inch to a half inch of mud out of my scrubber at the end of this one job. Its really bad. It'll lighten up come summer but not by much. At least in summer I can still sweep most of it off the floor. I don't even bother dust mopping right now. It's all caked on there.

The wax is getting thin all over, its due for a full strip and wax in April, but this room actually has a nice build of finish on it still. It does buff to a nice shine still. There is an office and a backstock area that I don't even bother buffing right now. There isn't anything there to buff.

Jul 9, 2017
Real Name
stephanie barber
I'll clean about a quarter inch to a half inch of mud out of my scrubber at the end of this one job. Its really bad. It'll lighten up come summer but not by much. At least in summer I can still sweep most of it off the floor. I don't even bother dust mopping right now. It's all caked on there.

The wax is getting thin all over, its due for a full strip and wax in April, but this room actually has a nice build of finish on it still. It does buff to a nice shine still. There is an office and a backstock area that I don't even bother buffing right now. There isn't anything there to buff.

I've got a customer that only wants the floors serviced when they have very important ppl in the building. It really ticks me off! And, then they expect me to do it for pennies on the dollar. The last time they ask I decided to say NO find someone else then he ask me if I could refer someone so I sent three companies there way. Guess they didn't like the $6,000 each of them quoted for a strip/wax. They immediately declined the bids lol but still they don't do anything to help in maintaining the VCT. Oh btw its a printing plant so ink all day everyday and break rooms are terrible, floors are marked up by employee's scooting chairs across floors and ink from shoes.
I went ahead and gave a bid of half of what all others bid and they ask me to come down on my price, incredible! Seriously, I just don't think they realize whats involved in performing that sort of job and on a floor that receives no maintenance other than routine mopping which does very little.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Reactions: keep it clean

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I've got a customer that only wants the floors serviced when they have very important ppl in the building. It really ticks me off! And, then they expect me to do it for pennies on the dollar. The last time they ask I decided to say NO find someone else then he ask me if I could refer someone so I sent three companies there way. Guess they didn't like the $6,000 each of them quoted for a strip/wax. They immediately declined the bids lol but still they don't do anything to help in maintaining the VCT. Oh btw its a printing plant so ink all day everyday and break rooms are terrible, floors are marked up by employee's scooting chairs across floors and ink from shoes.
I went ahead and gave a bid of half of what all others bid and they ask me to come down on my price, incredible! Seriously, I just don't think they realize whats involved in performing that sort of job and on a floor that receives no maintenance other than routine mopping which does very little.
Yeah, this account is talking about finding someone else, they say we charge too much. Well, good luck.I'm still under bidding everything on this account

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Know the exact feeling gentlemen . Tell them the 2000 sq.ft. of VCT in eight rooms will cost at least $1000 and you get “ deer in the headlights “ look . “ How come the stains won’t come out “??
Because there’s NO WAX and the floor hasn’t been mopped in two years !! Good grief .
All the Best , Ed

Reactions: ratfool

ratfool

Apr 22, 2016
Real Name
Marlene Slichter
Where I work last year I scrubbed a hallway for another custodian. A three day scrub alone. After I finished I told them to lay coats of wax. (Its their job to lay the wax). I leave. The person decided they didn’t want to lay wax. And left it. Same issue “didn’t sweep or mop in that year” in a high traffic classroom setting.
Supervisor told me right after they decided not to lay wax to “just leave it”.
One year later Im requesting NOT to be sent back. It’s a mess.
“NO WAX” and VCT and no mopping is a a disaster.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Where I work last year I scrubbed a hallway for another custodian. A three day scrub alone. After I finished I told them to lay coats of wax. (Its their job to lay the wax). I leave. The person decided they didn’t want to lay wax. And left it. Same issue “didn’t sweep or mop in that year” in a high traffic classroom setting.
Oh thats awful! I try to explain to people VCT with no wax is like a sponge, it will grab hold of and hang on to every bit of dirt that touches it.

ratfool

Apr 22, 2016
Real Name
Marlene Slichter
Oh thats awful! I try to explain to people VCT with no wax is like a sponge, it will grab hold of and hang on to every bit of dirt that touches it.
You got that RIGHT!

Jul 9, 2017
Real Name
stephanie barber
Know the exact feeling gentlemen . Tell them the 2000 sq.ft. of VCT in eight rooms will cost at least $1000 and you get “ deer in the headlights “ look . “ How come the stains won’t come out “??
Because there’s NO WAX and the floor hasn’t been mopped in two years !! Good grief .
All the Best , Ed
One of the companies that provided a bid charges $1.75 sqft for strip/wax. A buff of 466 sqft was $1.25 sqft roflmbo

Reactions: ratfool