Secret formula acid rinse

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
it can clog a heat exchanger.
I thought rinses were last step chems - in other words after the heat exchanger
This is correct. I’ve ran alkalines for decades and never no problem. Well one, Dry Slurry is gunky. But Pro Power and RSF Alkaline have anti corrosives and lines are clear after years use.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
it can clog a heat exchanger.
I thought rinses were last step chems - in other words after the heat exchanger
This is correct. I’ve ran alkalines for decades and never no problem. Well one, Dry Slurry is gunky. But Pro Power and RSF Alkaline have anti corrosives and lines are clear after years use.
Same here. Our company has ran alkaline rinses for 34 years. Never had a problem either. Used so many it's hard to name them all.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
I saw a comment somewhere in here that said something about alkaline leaving residue. Something to think about for whoever posted that. There is a such thing as a good residue that actually repels soil. I believe they use to be called ARA short for anti-resoiling agents

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
just fix that precipitation issue and get done with it. It should be an easy tweak to the formula.

to the original poster.... Descale your machine and ensure your water softener is working properly before you decide to switch products

Juddey24

Apr 24, 2010
Real Name
Justin McKerrow
Business Location
United States
Never had a problem with Robs acid rinse like I have with Flex Ice. Flex ice clogged everything! I have been using his alkalinity rise and no issues either. I do run a water softener though.

OldCarpetVet

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
I have so much to say on this topic and have for many, many years and I will just say this..... There is a TON of mis-information on this topic. It makes me sick.
But this time around I am just going to shut my mouth.

HINT: The solution is so simple. THINK! THINK! THINK!

Feb 27, 2016
Real Name
Jarrad Miller
I have so much to say on this topic and have for many, many years and I will just say this..... There is a TON of mis-information on this topic. It makes me sick.

Please tell us I want to have the correct information.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Lack of soft water, lack re charging the soft water, too high heat makes an acid come out of solution and leaves a little residual. We have super soft water in Va Beach. So zero issues and this is the first issue we’ve received.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
If one has harder water then alkaline used at 1/2 dilution is superior as it softens the water also.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Some truckmounts are hotter than they need to be depending on the fiber and app and causes products like acid rinses to come out of solution. Turning them down slightly could be all that’s needed. Sacrilegious I know but times have changed

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
If you have "really" hard water and no water softener then use alkaline at full strength because 1/2 your alkaline will be used up softening.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States

The only solution I can come up with is no rinse agent at all and I know a lot of guys go that route. I've cleaned many times that way, but I still prefer an acid side rinse agent. I'd like to hear your take on this though. My brain doesn't fire on all cylinders so help me out.:) I do think acid side rinses remove previous residues better as well as helps to make whatever pretreatment you've applied to rinse out better and in some cases, actually faster. I personally think there are many times though that any rinse or detergent is just going to be wasted and will provide zero benefits. That's my take on it. I can think of some more reasons to use an acid rinse on certain jobs, but these are my main ones.

Tom Forsythe

Mar 20, 2006
Salt lake City, UT
For last step chemical injection units, my simple solution is use soft water (keep softener properly charged), use the highest heat setting only on jobs where it is necessary, and use whatever rinse agent works the best with your equipment and soil loads in your market area.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
To me the type of rinse depends on the type of carpet, soil and the soil level. Residential nylon regular soil I would lean towards the acid side if I'm setting up protectant or just a water only rinse. Poly/olefin/CGD with any oily soils definitely alkaline side with the meter turned up if it's on the neglected side. I typically don't use acid side with oily/greasy soil loads because it's not it's forte.

Dec 11, 2012
Real Name
Sean Collins
Probably a simple adjustment will fix it.
I think my fix will be a different product. I bought flex ice at the same time. I will try it out starting next week. I used to use either bp end zone or prochems all fiber rinse. I never had any problems. Not really sure why i switched. I guess i was so impressed with preload 5 and RSF that i felt his acid rinse would be a home run. Im just trying to let people know my opinion of the product.
Other than jobs with urine or similar situations why not just use the alkaline rinse it cleans better anyway

Dec 11, 2012
Real Name
Sean Collins
Dec 11, 2012
Real Name
Sean Collins
I thought acid rinses were suppose to prevent buildup in machinery or is that alkaline rinses?
I have no idea. I was told to not use powdered emulsifiers years ago. So i have been using liquid ones every since. I dont use alkaline ones because i already use alkaline presprays. But i never had issues with end zone or all fiber rinse. And i know im mixing the product well. Oh well.
If your using the rsf spiked alkaline is just fine with however if using bio pro then acidic is preferable

Dec 11, 2012
Real Name
Sean Collins
I used prochems heat wave years ago i was told it will actually clean your TM as u use it. I personally dont like leaving the carpets at a high ph.
Ok so maybe its alkaline rinses that clean your machine as you use it I thought that was acids... Idk lol
Acid rinses will do a mild descale just dip a fitting youll see the same effect as descaler just milder you shouldn’t need to descale as often if you use acidic regularly