Sebo duo.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I preferred it on low cut pile or short loop or some berbers. I had 2 units, 1 I gave away and the other I have as overstock. I loved them, but they are just not built for everyday heavy use.

Reactions: Fedri

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I preferred it on low cut pile or short loop or some berbers. I had 2 units, 1 I gave away and the other I have as overstock. I loved them, but they are just not built for everyday heavy use.
I’ve been using mine on every residential job I’ve done for the last 3 years now. No problems yet.

Reactions: Fedri and LeeRoy

LeeRoy

Feb 13, 2010
Arizona
Real Name
Lee Coking
Business Location
United States
Do most vacuum stores sell the sebo duo? I wouldn't mind picking one up.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I’ve been using mine on every residential job I’ve done for the last 3 years now. No problems yet.
I used my retired and rebuilt unit it went for 5 years then the housing started to have issues, the bottom electrical connectors housing also started to go bad, I replaced the bearings and belts, and swapped the steel screws over to stainless steel. I used that sebo on shag, wool, high or short pile, berbers you name it. It was a good lil machine but it has a plastic housing/frame and you cannot expect it to last forever. Good starter machine, cant complaint.

You should reach out to windsor (1 machine was blue Windsor and the other was a light grey Sebo label)machine and have some service parts. I think I still have some diagrams and maintenance info. I kept extra brushes, belts (gear belt) and roller bearing/guides, sprockets in hand and did service whenever needed.

keep in mind that this lil machine is not designed for heavy wet situations, its not sealed so it is a electrical shock hazard when using it with a hydroforce sprayer or heavy pre spraying.
moisture can get inside and rust out bearings. I know cause this would happen to me

If you use it for what it was intended for (VLM) then you shouldnt have any problems

You should definitely swap the oem steel screws and update to stainless steel screws (found at (ACE hardware)

Last edited:
Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I used my retired and rebuilt unit it went for 5 years then the housing started to have issues, the bottom electrical connectors housing also started to go bad, I replaced the bearings and belts, and swapped the steel screws over to stainless steel. I used that sebo on shag, wool, high or short pile, berbers you name it. It was a good lil machine but it has a plastic housing/frame and you cannot expect it to last forever. Good starter machine, cant complaint.

You should reach out to windsor (1 machine was blue Windsor and the other was a light grey Sebo label)machine and have some service parts. I think I still have some diagrams and maintenance info. I kept extra brushes, belts (gear belt) and roller bearing/guides, sprockets in hand and did service whenever needed.

keep in mind that this lil machine is not designed for heavy wet situations, its not sealed so it is a electrical shock hazard when using it with a hydroforce sprayer or heavy pre spraying.
moisture can get inside and rust out bearings. I know cause this would happen to me

If you use it for what it was intended for (VLM) then you shouldnt have any problems

You should definitely swap the oem steel screws and update to stainless steel screws (found at (ACE hardware)
Thank you, I’ll do that. I bought the Sebo because I was tired of taking my 175 up & down stairs. I figured I’d use the sebo only on upstairs carpet but it works so good I find myself using it all the time.

Reactions: sbsscn

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Thank you, I’ll do that. I bought the Sebo because I was tired of taking my 175 up & down stairs. I figured I’d use the sebo only on upstairs carpet but it works so good I find myself using it all the time.
I 100% agree with you. I had 2 sebos and I was tired of the rake and push/scrub brush. Those lil machines are awesome, just have to keep an eye on them.