Seam Genie Electric truck mount. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Seam Genie Electric truck mount.

Gregory Stiel

May 20, 2017
Real Name
Gregory Stiel
I used it for hi rise hotel work. Nothing like setting this up on a floor and clean 25-35 rooms at a crack. (Auto fill and empty) this is a well maintained machine. If you have a use for it let me know.

$750

Fredericksburg Va.

Reactions: Odin

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Interesting, I never knew Steam Genie made any electric models. Just curious, is that a Cat pump that's belt driven?

Gregory Stiel

May 20, 2017
Real Name
Gregory Stiel
Yes it is. Actually they made quite a few of them. I had two at one time. They are so easy to get parts for unlike their truck mounts were.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
What kinda specs does it have. Honestly I’m from AZ but just curious to learn.

Gregory Stiel

May 20, 2017
Real Name
Gregory Stiel
I have the manual somewhere. And I'll find it eventually. It does have some decent numbers considering. Gene Bates came out with this in the early 80s. I didn't think much about it at the time since then my work was football field, banks and restaurants. I needed all the raw power I could get.
As I moved into the hotel industry I actually needed less power and more utility. You can't clean 20 story's with a truck mount.
The carpet is wool glued direct so for the rooms I could run a scratch tool but the halls and ballrooms I used a 24 inch drag wand since the carpet is short nap. I didn't get any appreciable loss until I got out more than 175 ft. With the auto fill , auto empty and 24in drag tools 2 men could clean a 35,000sq ft ballroom in one long day with 2 machines. I never used the heater since the hotels have an endless supply of hot water.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I like the design. Looks like they made everything nice and easy to get to so working on it wouldn't be too much of a chore. I used to use a Castex DVA 1400 for several years with a Little Giant for heat. It had very similar vacuum motors with auto fill and auto pump out. I'd say it's two biggest weaknesses were it was kind of a pain to work on anything other than the vacuum motors and they use a direct motor driven Hypro pump. The pump would overheat the motor sometimes causing it to throw the thermal overload switch on the motor. When that happened there was nothing I could do but wait until it cooled down. Overall though it wasn't a terrible machine and could easily handle about 150 ft. so it was good for most residential and commercial around here anyway. Here we call 5 stories a high rise!

Gregory Stiel

May 20, 2017
Real Name
Gregory Stiel
I had a few machines, Steam Genies first portable is what I started doing Residential with and believe it or not back in the early70s that little thing was the state of the art. Five gallons in and 4.5 out and you had another 10 minutes of cleaning until you filled and emptied it again from the bath tub. I carried it around in a Vega panel van. I have to say the business sure has come a long way. The only one building a truck mount was Bane Clean and what a nightmare that thing was. It had a 20 or 30 gallon fuel oil boiler you had to fire up and wait for the water to get hot. The inside of the van would get so hot that the paint would peel off of the roofs. Then Steam Genie came out with their truck mounts that was far above the rest. The problem with those was that you had to constantly rebuild the pumps and the were machined by Steam Genie which was actually owned by an aerospace company at the time and their parts were proprietary meaning you paid through the nose for pump seals. As time went on they did get them to last a lot longer and the parts became a lot cheaper but since the pumps were only used on Genies you still had only one source for parts. I went through 5 of those machines until I discovered Prochems.
Now the Steam Genie electric truck mounts are a whole other story. Common premium parts That are bullet proof with a little simple maintenance. and they run forever. I did have a castex for a while that I would use on small jobs like 1 or 2 rooms where the quest would make a mess or small touch ups since it was so easy get in and out with. I never had a problem with that one either. Most everything out there now will run for damn near for ever if you keep them clean and maintained.

Reactions: wandwizard

Gregory Stiel

May 20, 2017
Real Name
Gregory Stiel
I know he;s not interest Odin. we're just chit chatting. And I don't rely care if anyone buys it. If you'd have seen the really nice equipment I have hauled to the dump you'd shit your pants. I retired 8 years ago and just never got around to cleaning house so to speak

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I know he;s not interest Odin. we're just chit chatting. And I don't rely care if anyone buys it. If you'd have seen the really nice equipment I have hauled to the dump you'd shit your pants. I retired 8 years ago and just never got around to cleaning house so to speak
Thanks...! Your price point is almost a give away. I’m certain any info typed on this thread will attract a buyer.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
@Gregory Stiel
Very cool looking ETM and clean !!
What size is the recovery tank and what material was used ?
1.5" ports ?
Thanks

Gregory Stiel

May 20, 2017
Real Name
Gregory Stiel
The frame and tanks are powder coated steel and stainless with no rust and the ports are 2 inch. I don't know what size the recovery tank is (probably 30gal but with the auto pump out its a mute point anyway

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
not really I have rather tossed stuff than sell it to cheapskates

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
The frame and tanks are powder coated steel and stainless with no rust and the ports are 2 inch. I don't know what size the recovery tank is (probably 30gal but with the auto pump out its a mute point anyway
Thanks . I'm trying to vision the size of the unit. I have a slew of motors and pumps looking for a home if needed.

Gregory Stiel

May 20, 2017
Real Name
Gregory Stiel
Thanks . I'm trying to vision the size of the unit. I have a slew of motors and pumps looking for a home if needed.

I appreciate it but the motors and vacs are new or like new. Its a pretty good size machine though. Its the size of most new truck mounts but it has extendable legs that make it easy to get in and out of a truck and roll into a building but you wont carry it up any stairs.

Reactions: Jimsteam

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
I appreciate it but the motors and vacs are new or like new. Its a pretty good size machine though. Its the size of most new truck mounts but it has extendable legs that make it easy to get in and out of a truck and roll into a building but you wont carry it up any stairs.
I we were closer (Michigan) I would take a look at it but afraid it may be bigger than I desire .
Thanks