Sealing or waxing a sheet vinyl Floor | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Sealing or waxing a sheet vinyl Floor

john mundy

Jan 17, 2017
Real Name
john mundy
Hey guys I have a client that owns a musical repair shop who’s workspace floor has a heavy duty glue down sheet vinyl product. it’s extremely thick and the seams are even welded. I just cleaned it the other day and he said it’s the first time it’s ever looked like this since it was brand new. He’s never had it professionally cleaned or sealed/waxed. Also told me the floor has been a real pain to maintain and doesn’t clean well.

I had used my cimex with the white brushes with some basic zep stripper from Home Depot mixed with a bit of citrus degreaser. I then rinsed it with my hydro force spinner and truck mount at about 1000 PSI.

the floor came out great but I’ve only waxed a few VCT jobs in the past so I’m curious if regular VCT wax would be acceptable to use on this sheet vinyl. I have a couple of 175 buffers and a cimex but don’t have any high speed burnishes or such. Would it be ok to just mop on a few coats of wax and call it a day? just trying to see what would help the floor stay cleaner longer and implement a maintenance cleaning for him a couple times a year.

some before and afters of the work done so far!

any advice on a better method and what would be the best product to use in this situation? Thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
I know there are Zep haters on here but their floor sealer 2 coats followed by the high traffic finish works well in these environments.
Just top scrub and recoat at the 6 month mark, and see how it holds up.
You maybe able to go 18-24 months before full strip and re finish.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
I had some sherwin williams paint stores that weren't interested in weekly burnishing or monthly service, just something that protected the floors from paint spills and traffic.
The Zep held up great.
I ended up firing them as a customer due to really slow paying.
But anyway, its a good solution for this situation.

john mundy

Jan 17, 2017
Real Name
john mundy
Hey Thanks for the feedback PistolPete, I actually ended up going to Home Depot and getting the sealer and finish by Zep and finished the job yesterday. I will see how it holds up and give the customer a call in 6 months to see if he wants another service. I’ll try to give a review if I remember lol.

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
Your very lucky that you didn’t damage the floors with using a 1000spi spinner on it. The welds arnt that strong. Your far better off with a 175 swing and a blue or green pad. At least you got away with it once. You may have issues sealing that floor if there’s damage to it from doing what you did.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Hey Thanks for the feedback PistolPete, I actually ended up going to Home Depot and getting the sealer and finish by Zep and finished the job yesterday. I will see how it holds up and give the customer a call in 6 months to see if he wants another service. I’ll try to give a review if I remember lol.
Post some after pictures