Sealer or sugar

Bob the floor guy

Jan 6, 2014
saint marys, pa
Real Name
robert perlick
This is a Dairy Queen, any ideas. And what has anybody found that works best to get the grout clean
IMG_0048.jpg
IMG_0049.jpg
IMG_0050.jpg
IMG_0051.jpg

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
Ditto jt, Put your stripper down at regular dilutions but keep it wet for much longer than normal. I mean like an hour. Just spread it with a mop on as much area as you want and spread some more every 15 minutes or so.

Mop and Glo is a different animal. It does not dissolve but with enough dwell time it will lift from the surface so you can remove it.

Reactions: Bob the floor guy

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Agree, this is an old topical finish (AKA sealer) such as Mop 'N' Glo or floor finish for VCT. As it gets older and broken down, moisture gets under it causing the white look.

Advice above on how to remove this is correct. Don't expect it to be easy. They made a very poor choice in the sealer for this grout. In the future, use a penetrating or impregnating sealer made for grout. This will fill the crevices, nooks and crannies instead of staying on top.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
The only thing I’d add, if this isn’t water base sealer/finish you will have to go down the road of furniture stripper. You will know fairly quickly if it’s water base or not.
Last year I have a mother of a huge church hall that had urethane finish all over. I could have bought shares in the stripper I used. Money was amazing but so was the work. Thank god for stopping brushes.