Sealant for rotomolded plastic?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
It is “double bubble” insulation. Hum didn’t think there would be that much turbulence but for sure I’ll check it. In fact I’ll maybe I’ll buy a piece of lexan your advise has never failed me yet. That glue I used is some tough stuff.
There is a lot of air space above it and below it. But maybe I do need to come up with a better design. I’ve always got to do things around running my business, being with my wife and kids, normal life, and endlessly never having the time to do much for myself!
Lexan popped into my head because its easy to work with. Aluminum works too. Can cut 1/16” with a knife and snap. Just takes a few passes with a sharp blade. Aluminum is soft and can be shaped slightly. Can saw it too. This may give you ideas

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
A small aluminum sheet at HD is pretty cheap. That does help a lot. I’m hesitant drilling into my pvc sleeve however. I just don’t have a heck of allot of space to in this machine. My full size porty is cake but this mid sized has little room. I think I’ll work on some more ideas tomorrow.

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
It is “double bubble” insulation. Hum didn’t think there would be that much turbulence but for sure I’ll check it. In fact I’ll maybe I’ll buy a piece of lexan your advise has never failed me yet. That glue I used is some tough stuff.
There is a lot of air space above it and below it. But maybe I do need to come up with a better design. I’ve always got to do things around running my business, being with my wife and kids, normal life, and endlessly never having the time to do much for myself!
Lol i know it. Saturday i fixed a guys starwars basement movie theater stage. He widened it for a new larger couch. So i had to seam another piece on. Then i fixed a few steps. After that i had to replace a few windows on the house. I still haven’t gotten around to putting in a pump out in my machine. Thats on the back burner. Hell lol its on simmer if that :D burner aint even on.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I hear you. I literally am a carpet cleaner who ripped out my living room carpet the other week and still haven’t gotten to replace it. I need to track down a issue with my carpet van but haven’t had a chance to open the hood.
Every time I do take a second for me, both kids need me terrible, the wife’s telling me dinners ready, or a client is in urgent need. I clean homes for a living mainly and my own house is a mess! Lol

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I hear you. I literally am a carpet cleaner who ripped out my living room carpet the other week and still haven’t gotten to replace it. I need to track down a issue with my carpet van but haven’t had a chance to open the hood.
Every time I do take a second for me, both kids need me terrible, the wife’s telling me dinners ready, or a client is in urgent need. I clean homes for a living mainly and my own house is a mess! Lol
Thats the way it goes. I ripped out my carpets long ago lol. Just havent had a chance. Customers always say my carpets must be immaculate. I laugh. My house gets done last. Im prioritizing windows and a chimney liner for my wood stove though. Cold is coming and i do not want to buy oil lol.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Yea I’ve been trying to get painting done before the cold. We live at 6400ft at cold comes quick!