Seal-A-Door VS Courtesy Door

[email protected]

Sep 7, 2017
Long Beach
Real Name
Jay
Business Location
United States
Hey guys, im debating on these two door seals.. number 1 thing is the cost for me being a newer company I try not to over spend, however I know either door would do my business good.

I like the fact that the TMF door is adjustable, however i wish the add-on skirt wasn't cut short on the width, leaving a noticeable gap on either side. why was it cut short? why not extend the width to avoid leaving that gap on either side? could that bottom piece be cut wider when being made or are they made off location at these specific dimensions?

I do come across the larger doors but id say at least 95% of the doors i go through are normal size, even at the multi million dollar homes, so that pushes me back to the much cheaper seal-a-door. in some cases, when I do get a house with an oversize door, I usually don't even go through the front door.. I end up going through a side door which is normal size or even through a garage door which is also normal sized.

the question is what makes the courtesy door twice more expensive than the seal-a-door other than the ability to make the door taller? I'm seriously interested.

EVDOG

Jul 25, 2015
Real Name
Evdog
I have a courtesy door. I can tell you my customers love it and always comment on how much they appreciate it. Plus it looks 100x's more professional than a seal a door. It's a good "wow factor" for the customer. I'd say courtesy door all the way.

Reactions: admin

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
well I will put my two cents in and say I have both the small and large Seal A Door. On most jobs I have an older style door drape from Bane Clene that they discontinued making which works great if they have a storm door. But if they don't, I use Seal A Door and the Bane door drape. I remember one day it was about 5 below and the wind was wicked. I put the Seal A Door and Bane drapes on and it kept the foyer toasty warm.

Anyway, I don't know anything about the Courtesy Door because that came out after I purchase my Seal A Door.

M4sT3R T3CH

Feb 1, 2009
Topeka
Real Name
Randall Blackwell
Business Location
United States
well I will put my two cents in and say I have both the small and large Seal A Door. On most jobs I have an older style door drape from Bane Clene that they discontinued making which works great if they have a storm door. But if they don't, I use Seal A Door and the Bane door drape. I remember one day it was about 5 below and the wind was wicked. I put the Seal A Door and Bane drapes on and it kept the foyer toasty warm.

Anyway, I don't know anything about the Courtesy Door because that came out after I purchase my Seal A Door.
Your running a TM in -5 weather that is brave. My cut off is if the high for the day is 15

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
just looked at the new Seal A Door website and now you can get it with optional Zipper, Window or zipper and window. You can also get width extenders and length extenders. Even have a storage pouch available.

Anielytra

Jul 8, 2021
Real Name
Jeffrey J Gregory
The wow factor has never led to good results. I like it better when the client is shown something in comparison, and I want the person to do or say it on the board. The same was when I wanted to order a garage door opener sensor replacement (source link), the company immediately told me that it would be more profitable for me.