Scrubbed and buffed a 30,000 sq footer last night

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
And I am SORE! Concrete floors, 28" walk behind with bald tires, pushed that thing the whole way. I haven't done a store that size in a couple years and my body did not care for it. Don't know how I used to do that 5 nights a week. My hats off to anyone on here that's doing that work.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
That was part of my job as DSD receiver for a local grocery store every week - twice a week, clean the floors. Once a week, buff 'em up. Man, I hated that. We had an old Tennant walk-behind that actually survived an 8-foot drop from the receiving bay onto the tarmac below. Tough old beast, but touchy to work with.

(Don't ask me about the drop. Seriously.)

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Gonna order new tires?
Not my machine to order tires for, lol. Told the guy he needs new tires, apparently they are $200 each.

That was part of my job as DSD receiver for a local grocery store every week - twice a week, clean the floors. Once a week, buff 'em up. Man, I hated that. We had an old Tennant walk-behind that actually survived an 8-foot drop from the receiving bay onto the tarmac below. Tough old beast, but touchy to work with.

(Don't ask me about the drop. Seriously.)
Lol! Those older units were tough. I've seen them hit by a truck, run off a loading bay, run down a flight of stairs... Somehow they kept going. Then we bought newer machines, hit a crack in the floor and they're down.

I didn't remember cleaning those big stores being such hard work though. If I remember right, someone had tracked it on their smartphone and a 30,000 - 40,000 foot store scrubbed and buffed, comes out to 15 - 20 miles of walking.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
nice, whats the approximate ticket on something like that?

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
nice, whats the approximate ticket on something like that?
$7500 a month for daily cleaning, that includes bathrooms and break rooms. Its not my account though, belongs to a friend, I just covered a store for him. It was kind of a favor to me since had I drove a couple hours to do a restroom restorative cleaning in that area (about 120 miles one way), they cancelled just as I got into town, somy friend in that area paid me $150 to cover one of his stores up there so that the trip wasn't a total loss. Not nearly as much as I would have made on the restroom job, but it covered my gas and put a little cash in my pocket.