Scratching my head | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Scratching my head

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
So recently been optimizing my AdWords campaign. Now i haven't had a click in 4 days. All my ads get rank #1 every time 7/10 and 8/10 match. Yet no clicks lately. Averaging around 120 views a day. I'm left scratching my head wondering about all the window shopping

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I've been slow for the past few weeks no matter what I've done to get more jobs. I even posted a few ads on craigslist and not 1 call, there always is going to be slow times and right now is one of them for me. It also has been raining for about a week here and people usually are not looking at carpet cleaning when the weather is like this. Keep plugging away and the calls will start to come in.

Reactions: awratchford

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
The weather cleared up and I put out about 200 flyers, not sure if I'll get any work from them but it is better to put them out then sit home thinking I need more jobs.
Well I scheduled a tile and grout estimate for next Tuesday from the flyers I put out. Goes to prove that as long as you stay active pursuing jobs you will get some.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Well I scheduled a tile and grout estimate for next Tuesday from the flyers I put out. Goes to prove that as long as you stay active pursuing jobs you will get some.
Bros,
When are you gonna sit down and put together a marketing plan and system that makes your phone ring day in and out without doing these random drops of flyers?
While its awesome you scored the job,
If you planned your flyers out and when and how they were distributed,
You could time them to work with your other ad methods ie direct mail, eddm, etc.
Doing them in tandem will build greater brand recognition and long term ROI for your marketing dollars.
Going out and putting a few flyers out at random is only getting you some of the benefit, yet you are still doing all the work and expense of paying to print and time to hand them out.
You are working harder than you need to............

Think about it for a minute.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Bros,
When are you gonna sit down and put together a marketing plan and system that makes your phone ring day in and out without doing these random drops of flyers?
While its awesome you scored the job,
If you planned your flyers out and when and how they were distributed,
You could time them to work with your other ad methods ie direct mail, eddm, etc.
Doing them in tandem will build greater brand recognition and long term ROI for your marketing dollars.
Going out and putting a few flyers out at random is only getting you some of the benefit, yet you are still doing all the work and expense of paying to print and time to hand them out.
You are working harder than you need to............

Think about it for a minute.
EDDM is being planned for next month, we have no printed advertisements here such as Val Pak or anything else like that.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
EDDM is being planned for next month, we have no printed advertisements here such as Val Pak or anything else like that.
They were just examples.
Try to sit down and make a plan that you follow each month.
You will get much better results than just doing one time shots of flyers, then one time shots of EDDM.

You need to plan so they are working together to build recognition in your target neighborhoods.

Start small, and then build every month as your sales build.

The big thing is once you start, you can not stop,
You have to continue to work your plan every month.
You have to budget advertising in your budget and make it like a TM payment.
Fact is it is more important than the TM payment if you want to grow.

Sorry if I am being too Direct.

My wife's dad is in the hospital with multi organ failure and I have been there all day so I am in a funky mood,

There are a couple of you guys here on the forum who are awesome people and I just wanna shake you and say wake up your doing it wrong. Look here is how you do it. So you are the first,

Again its NOT about val pak or whatever specific print source so much. Its about setting up a marketing plan and sticking with it month in and out and growing it as your bizz grows. Not letting off just cause your phone was ringing for a few days.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
They were just examples.
You will get much better results than just doing one time shots of flyers, then one time shots of EDDM.

You need to plan so they are working together to build recognition in your target neighborhoods.

My wife's dad is in the hospital with multi organ failure and I have been there all day so I am in a funky mood,

There are a couple of you guys here on the forum who are awesome people and I just wanna shake you and say wake up your doing it wrong. Look here is how you do it. So you are the first,

Again its NOT about val pak or whatever specific print source so much. Its about setting up a marketing plan and sticking with it month in and out and growing it as your bizz grows. Not letting off just cause your phone was ringing for a few days.
Thanks for the information, I am working on my business plan which is heavy in the marketing.

Sorry to hear about your father in law, we lost my mother in law back in May.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
They were just examples.

Couldnt agree more.

This is why when @Joseph Rogers asked about crm programs i said we need some kind of planning/calendar function for marketing.
Something to keep people focused and marketing every single day. Like excercise, 30-60 minutes.

Reactions: Joseph Rogers

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Couldnt agree more.

This is why when @Joseph Rogers asked about crm programs i said we need some kind of planning/calendar function for marketing.
Something to keep people focused and marketing every single day. Like excercise, 30-60 minutes.

That is a good Idea,

tonyb14

May 16, 2013
Hazleton
www.steamteamcarpetcleaningnepa.com
Real Name
Tony Burke
Business Location
United States
They were just examples.

Great info as usual!!
Sorry about your father in law.

Reactions: Spazznout

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Thanks for the information, I am working on my business plan which is heavy in the marketing.

Sorry to hear about your father in law, we lost my mother in law back in May.
Its NOT your bizz plan Jason.

Just a Marketing Plan.

Look. Do NOT think I am targeting you out.

99% of guys on this Forum totally miss the points I was making above about marketing.

I am telling you this cause you got what it takes and have the equipment.

You just need a push in the right direction with your marketing.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Its NOT your bizz plan Jason.

Just a Marketing Plan.

Look. Do NOT think I am targeting you out.

99% of guys on this Forum totally miss the points I was making above about marketing.

I am telling you this cause you got what it takes and have the equipment.

You just need a push in the right direction with your marketing.
Call it what you want, it is a plan for my business and where I want it to go and how I need to market in order to get there.