Scooped hardwood

Bob the floor guy

Jan 6, 2014
saint marys, pa
Real Name
robert perlick
I don't know the technical name. Customer put something on it to protect it and now it is starting to flake up in the groves. They say it's real hardwood. Because of the grooves that give it that special look I can't just sand it down and reseal. Is there a way to get this stuff off in order to re do the sealant or poly or whatever is recommended? Thanks.

Bob the floor guy

Jan 6, 2014
saint marys, pa
Real Name
robert perlick
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1415392720.926658.jpg
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1415392742.080385.jpg
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1415392762.337253.jpg

Piperton Rugsucker

Apr 1, 2012
TN
Real Name
Troy Cline
Business Location
United States
They do make both a engineered and a solid hardwood in hand scraped. My guess is they used some kind of floor wax on it. It will sometimes flake off in spots and hold like glue in others. I would probably pass on this one and let my wood floor guy handle it. Too much variable risk for me. Especially the time it might take to do the job! There is easier $ elsewhere.

Bob the floor guy

Jan 6, 2014
saint marys, pa
Real Name
robert perlick
Money is not a problem. they screwed it up, and are looking to try and fix this. if there is a way to fix they will want me to do it plus after i will have the maintenance on the whole building. It will be a very good account.
Can I put down a very light strip solution, let dwell for a minute just to loosen it up, then suck it up before it has a chance to soak into the wood. yes i will probably have do very small sections and multiple application. This is one i will charge by the hour.
Any help on how to fix this will be appreciated. Thanks

Bob the floor guy

Jan 6, 2014
saint marys, pa
Real Name
robert perlick
Update, they used mop and glow. Wow, when they told me my mouth hit the floor. So, how hard is mop and glow to get up, does stripper emulsify it pretty quick or is it stubborn like sealer? I like the idea of maybe steaming it, just never done it. Money and time is not an issue, they want it done.
Please any help, tips or course of action will be greatly appreciated.