Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
SCAM ALERT:How would you handle this scam. A realtor contacted us to do a cleaning. She had the owners credit card and contact info. We did the job and realtor signed off on it. Now we get a message that he disputed it almost 20 days later. Said job was unsatisfactory but we have before and after pics in HouseCall Pro and it looks great.

So I call the realtor and she said the work was amazing the realtor. I explained what happened and she said he is doing it to all the vendors and that he dropped her as a realtor and has another agent. She said she feels it's a scam. Now 300 dollars aint gonna make me or break me but the fact he is low life dirt ball trying get over on everyone does makes me angry. What if the painter and others need that money to feed their families? How would you proceed?

I am starting a list to warn others. Feel free to let me know any other scams;

1) Rug washing scam
2) Out town credit cards/checks
3) Slip & fall scam
4) GoFund Me
5) PM's to offer social networking
6) PM's to offer SEO
7) PM's to mine members to other fruits & groups
8) Paying for items like Truckmounts before built or from verified vendors
9) Plants to promote tools, machines and chemicals of friends
10) Plants or friends of competing groups/forums sent to undermine successful groups/forums by spreading 1/2 truths, lies and slander.

Please report any of the above. TMF has a team of attorneys that will help you out. But use common sense. For example, I see all kinds rumors about GoFundMe's accounts. For the record I have NEVER set up one and will NOT support one that someones else sets up unless it is verified. If doing any dealings with anyone, no matter how nice they seem, put it in WRITING and have as much contact information as possible about sellers. Feel free to ask me as I have my finger on the pulse of the industry.

One thing about TMF, is NO one has a better track record and 5 star reviews or testimonials in our industry. We have accumulated over 10,000 and back everything up a 100-200%. However we have sent out free items to those in need or who have suffered from fires, natural disasters and thefts. Please send requests when unforeseen occurrences to [email protected] and I will see what I can do to send for "FREE" to those in need.

Reactions: Dafloorman

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Reactions: keep it clean

Tom Forsythe

Mar 20, 2006
Salt lake City, UT
Scammers want easy money and do not want to work for it no matter the state of the economy. The state of the economy is always local, but the national economy is about as good as it gets. In Utah, it is booming and it is hard to find workers. I suggest watching business news channels and the level of optimism for the near future is extremely positive even for the naysayers.

Reactions: wandwizard

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Scammers want easy money and do not want to work for it no matter the state of the economy. The state of the economy is always local, but the national economy is about as good as it gets. In Utah, it is booming and it is hard to find workers. I suggest watching business news channels and the level of optimism for the near future is extremely positive even for the naysayers.
Sad but true Tom. And we have never been busier or more profitable. I highly recommend during this great economy storing away for a rainy day. Look at parts of Europe. It's a hot mess.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
SCAM ALERT:How would you handle this scam. A realtor contacted us to do a cleaning. She had the owners credit card and contact info. We did the job and realtor signed off on it. Now we get a message that he disputed it almost 20 days later. Said job was unsatisfactory but we have before and after pics in HouseCall Pro and it looks great.

So I call the realtor and she said the work was amazing the realtor. I explained what happened and she said he is doing it to all the vendors and that he dropped her as a realtor and has another agent. She said she feels it's a scam. Now 300 dollars aint gonna make me or break me but the fact he is low life dirt ball trying get over on everyone does makes me angry. What if the painter and others need that money to feed their families? How would you proceed?

1) Rug washing scam
3) Slip & fall scam
4) GoFund Me
6) PM's to offer SEO
10) Plants or friends of competing groups/forums sent to undermine successful groups/forums by spreading 1/2 truths, lies and slander.

Please report any of the above. TMF has a team of attorneys that will help you out. But use common sense. For example, I see all kinds rumors about GoFundMe's accounts. For the record I have NEVER set up one and will NOT support one that someones else sets up unless it is verified. If doing any dealings with anyone, no matter how nice they seem, put it in WRITING and have as much contact information as possible about sellers. Feel free to ask me as I have my finger on the pulse of the industry.

One thing about TMF, is NO one has a better track record and 5 star reviews or testimonials in our industry. We have accumulated over 10,000 and back everything up a 100-200%. However we have sent out free items to those in need or who have suffered from fires, natural disasters and thefts. Please send requests when unforeseen occurrences to [email protected] and I will see what I can do to send for "FREE" to those in need.

Your biggest and illegal mistake was to accept a credit card that has the name of someone else on the card. SHAME on you for accepting the card and running it. No offense but of course its a scam waiting to happen. The owner was not there to run the card that's just negligence.

Im sorry this happened to you But you and all of us need to learn that its not correct or professional. Now image if someone had your card and used it, without you being there. I think that if your going to do work avoid all possibility of problems. Its just not worth it.
Im surprised the card owner didnt call you a scammer..

Sorry if I am being rough with you I really mean no disrespect.

Best advice is. If the card holder is not there then take it from them over the phone. If the persons name differs from the person using it DECLINE it and accept a different form of payment. after the estimate tell the person the cost and that you accept cash, check (with id) if different from whats on the check in other words its got to be the same person paying for the service that hired you, or credit card only the card owner can use the card. Period!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Your biggest and illegal mistake was to accept a credit card that has the name of someone else on the card. SHAME on you for accepting the card and running it. No offense but of course its a scam waiting to happen. The owner was not there to run the card that's just negligence.

Im sorry this happened to you But you and all of us need to learn that its not correct or professional. Now image if someone had your card and used it, without you being there. I think that if your going to do work avoid all possibility of problems. Its just not worth it.
Im surprised the card owner didnt call you a scammer..

Sorry if I am being rough with you I really mean no disrespect.

Best advice is. If the card holder is not there then take it from them over the phone. If the persons name differs from the person using it DECLINE it and accept a different form of payment. after the estimate tell the person the cost and that you accept cash, check (with id) if different from whats on the check in other words its got to be the same person paying for the service that hired you, or credit card only the card owner can use the card. Period!
The girl at the office actually got his permission but the realtor signed for it. He also is disputing it due to "poor work" so he made mistake. If he would have just disputed based on him not signing I could not fight the issue. I am fighting it with the credit card company and will keep everyone posted as to what happens. And thanks for the advice.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Still Not the right way to do business. Just avoid that practice and youll avoid the headache.
Really, Again I mean no disrespect and Im sorry for being rude and rough. I have almost been in the same situation but I was able to weasel my way in convincing the card owner to pay direct. They saw the work they sign the work order, and the CC processing, their signature no one in the middle and the chance of disputes just lowered. Now image if both the realtor and owner is in on the scam, wow you just fell for it and theyll get away. The CC company will not take your side for accepting the card from a non assigned card holder. Its like letting someone burrow your car and saying I didnt let him burrow it to avoid accepting blame. remember that the credit card holder agreement is that the signature of the cardholder commits/obligates the card holder thats why when someone steals your card and its not you using it, its not you signing it (signature) then You cannot be held liable/responsible for paying, What do you do? You Dispute it!

Sorry.

Now I just hope I dont go make the same mistake after what I just said.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
The girl at the office actually got his permission but the realtor signed for it. He also is disputing it due to "poor work" so he made mistake. If he would have just disputed based on him not signing I could not fight the issue. I am fighting it with the credit card company and will keep everyone posted as to what happens. And thanks for the advice.

But see it this way the CC company will look at the policy and theyll say hey whether its poor work or quality the bottom line is He didnt sign and it could go to court. Theyll use the law to their advantage. The client isnt paying you, its the credit card company who is paying you, then they collect from their customer. So its the CC company who will dispute on the behave of their customer and in its in their best interest to not pay you, cause if their client refuses to accept your bill its really their customer questioning to pay them back, Some credit cards have that in their policy, accident coverage, not satisfied coverage, I see it a lot in commercial tv ads

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States

Hang in there Buddy I really hope you get compensated. Really I truly mean and wish that for you. I know youre a hard worker and as far as I have seen your honest. So I hope they pay and something good comes out of this

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

Hang in there Buddy I really hope you get compensated. Really I truly mean and wish that for you. I know youre a hard worker and as far as I have seen your honest. So I hope they pay and something good comes out of this

I appreciate all your advice. It makes sense. As far as making the same mistake I may. How and why? I am a bit too trusting. My logic is is rather err on the trusting side and lose a few 100 now and then vs being too inflexible where I can’t meet my clients needs or trust level. Guess I chalk it up as part of the CODB. However I will “tighten” up and scrutinize this type “3rd party” transaction closer in the future as your points are valid.

PS:Appreciate the commendation of RSF!

SRD

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
lien the house and take the son of a bit to court @rob allen . Guys like this see they can get away with it and they hurt multiple people with their bullshit scams, make him realize there is a consequence for his lack of honor and integrity and it may not happen again to the next guy. if it was me the guy wouldn't just have to pay the bill there would be a premium for his behavior

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States

1) Rug washing scam
3) Slip & fall scam
4) GoFund Me
6) PM's to offer SEO

I had a similar thing happen a few years back. The property owner gave his "manager" a credit card to pay me with. He disputed the charges because he said he didn't authorize that much. It was for 285.00.
I sent the paperwork to the cc company and explained that the manager was acting as the agent for the card holder and he should be more careful who he gives his card to. They paid me. :)