Premium VIP
Jul 18, 2013
Bakersfield ca
www.suncarpet.net
Real Name
Rob mueller
Business Location
United States
Nothing against SS but I honestly think they're TMs look like shit.

But preforms at top levels. Not sure why anyone would think they look like shit. Maybe because they don't have a chrome spray painted grills on them? I'm cool with that. I like my 870 just fine. I have 900 hours on my machine and I've had it for exactly 12 months. Here's the list of things that went wrong.
Shorted out switch, Machine would not going to high engine speed. ( don't run this machine on high and less you are dual Wanding)
Lose belt - solution tighten pulley

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Last edited:

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
But preforms at top levels. Not sure why anyone would think they look like shit. Maybe because they don't have a chrome spray painted grills on them? I'm cool with that. I like my 870 just fine. I have 900 hours on my machine and I've had it for exactly 12 months. Here's the list of things that went wrong.
Shorted out switch, Machine would not going to high engine speed. ( don't run this machine on high and less you are dual Wanding)
Lose belt - solution tighten pulley

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Nothing against the performance of the machine, I know the 870 outperforms the Everest. They're reliable machines, I just don't like the way they look at all.

Reactions: suncarpet

Harry Mullett

Premium VIP
Dec 29, 2009
Idaho
Real Name
John Bunn
Business Location
United States
Nothing against the performance of the machine, I know the 870 outperforms the Everest. They're reliable machines, I just don't like the way they look at all.

If looks mattered most carpet cleaners would be out of business. We are so unattractive as a group I am surprised any housewives let us in. :D

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
If looks mattered most carpet cleaners would be out of business. We are so unattractive as a group I am surprised any housewives let us in. :D
Funny story: I went to The Experience in Dallas a few years back and I took my wife and little boy, I was driving trying to find where the hotel was to get the passes and my wife points and says it's over there. I said how do you know? She said look at all those guys, they all have bellies like you :mad:

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
That's why I bought a hydramaster. My mechanic mike told me hydramaster was the newest technology and the best quality. He was dead on.

Reactions: matt30577

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
We've known this was coming for a while - the RPM supergroup has gobbled up some smaller names and merged with others over time. As far as I'm aware, there is no plan to change anything about the machines or the chemicals that Prochem puts out. The consumer side should see virtually no difference at all.

Sapphire picked up the Chemspec brand a while back, and while some containers changed in appearance, the production of the chemicals still happened in the same factories, to the same specifications, and the only difference was the shiny gold and blue labels. I don't think they'd pick up a lucrative, well-thought-out line and change it.

HydraMaster went through (and is still experiencing) a similar change - their parent company, Nilfisk-Alto, is Dutch, and a lot of their engineering arm was in Germany. Sometimes these large mergers and acquisitions happen because it's frankly inconvenient as heck to manage a multi-armed production group across international borders.

Legend/Karcher already produce industry standards like the Ninja portable, ProRestore chemicals (Microban, OdorX, etc), DriEaz dehumidifiers, and of course the Sapphire Scientific truckmounts. I seriously doubt they'd change anything about the Prochem units to make them more similar to what they already have in the SS line - they'd be cannibalizing their own customer base if they did.

Last edited:

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
You got that right....That's why I'm such an anomaly in this industry.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
yes, and also means they have no competition.. which is bad on a number of levels
yes, and also means they have no competition.. which is bad on a number of levels
I dont see anyone taking over the truckmount industry as there are too many local truckmount man....
I can count 4 just in texas
Namco, amtex, cobb, and steambrite has some from a guy in wichita fall???
I personaly cant say that the big names are any better unless you are absolutely sold on hx' s..might be an advantage....
Some of these local man. Sale the exact same engine blower specs... For half the price....

Rick Imby

Jul 2, 2009
Montana
www.missoulagreencarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Rick Imby
Business Location
United States
We've known this was coming for a while - the RPM supergroup has gobbled up some smaller names and merged with others over time. As far as I'm aware, there is no plan to change anything about the machines or the chemicals that Prochem puts out. The consumer side should see virtually no difference at all.

Sapphire picked up the Chemspec brand a while back, and while some containers changed in appearance, the production of the chemicals still happened in the same factories, to the same specifications, and the only difference was the shiny gold and blue labels. I don't think they'd pick up a lucrative, well-thought-out line and change it.

HydraMaster went through (and is still experiencing) a similar change - their parent company, Nilfisk-Alto, is Dutch, and a lot of their engineering arm was in Germany. Sometimes these large mergers and acquisitions happen because it's frankly inconvenient as heck to manage a multi-armed production group across international borders.

Legend/Karcher already produce industry standards like the Ninja portable, ProRestore chemicals (Microban, OdorX, etc), DriEaz dehumidifiers, and of course the Sapphire Scientific truckmounts. I seriously doubt they'd change anything about the Prochem units to make them more similar to what they already have in the SS line - they'd be cannibalizing their own customer base if they did.

I have a different theory. I think Karcher wanted to get rid of manufacturing in the USA. I think the Prochem factory was way more of a pain to manage than they wanted to deal with. As I understand it Prochem only has about 22 million in sales.

SS has a state of the art manufacturing plant. I believe the Prochem line of TMs will go the same way as Blueline.... In about a year they will quit producing Prochem and just produce SS...

I believe Prochem went up for sale really cheap and SS said---lets get rid of our main competition.

Mama Fen you may be right ---time will tell.

Reactions: matt30577

russrroberts

Jan 30, 2014
Prescott, AZ
www.steamnfresh.com
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
Scott Harlib told me that Prochem is going to remain unchanged until 2019. Prochem has their chemical plant in Chandler, AZ and it will probably stay there, however their manufacturing facility in Denver, which was originally in Prescott, AZ could possibly be moving back to Prescott, AZ where the sapphire plant currently is where they have plenty of room, and can make all the machines in one place.

From what I heard they aren't going to touch the chemical line, but honestly with how loyal Prochem customers are they would be stupid to change the TM line, I think they are just going to manufacture the TMs out of the same facility, or build a Prochem factory behind the Sapphire building they have plenty of room!

Sent from my SM-N920V using TMF Forums mobile app