Rick Imby

Jul 2, 2009
Montana
www.missoulagreencarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Rick Imby
Business Location
United States
As I understand it the basics of life are inexpensive in Australia but since they do not manufacture a lot of stuff and they are so isolated---All the way on the other side of the world. Manufactured goods from the US are quite expensive. Their import taxes are significant also.

Almost all of the population lives around the edges of the country--on the coasts. Also it is a long ways around their country it is practically the same size as the continental US. Freight is a huge cost getting stuff there and then moving it around the country.

About the same population as Texas splattered over an area about the size of the whole USA.

If you want more lessons on Australia---talk to the two real experts that were on this thread and live there...

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
Matt, things fluctuate of course but a litre of unleaded fuel is around $1.30 and a loaf of bread will set you back roughly $3. A minimum wage is around $20 per hour.
Ok, That sounds like those higher numbers for the cost of those truck mounts is normal for you.

But for the original member who posted this thread, I'd still go for the 318 if there was no other choice

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1446414667.143459.jpg

Reactions: vnmineo

Nick Miladinov

Oct 10, 2013
Real Name
Nick Miladinov
If the cost of a truck mount is based on supply and demand over there, then there should be fewer carpet cleaning companies, which would make the demand for your services better over there, which should make your income better than ours. That's what I'm referring to.

I'm wondering if it's a ripoff to purchase one of those truck mounts over there, or go with another brand that someone makes in your country that's cheaper. Because it's certainly not worth the price that was mentioned above to us over here. I would rather risk a garage made truck mount before i spend that much on such a smaller truck mount.
You and your ripoffs....

JeremyB

Apr 6, 2013
Australia
Real Name
Jeremy Barratt
Rick covered a fair bit of the reality of Aus. People tend to not realise how massive Australia is, yet there are huge swathes that are not friendly to habitation.

Yes there are fewer cleaners but I dare say the per capita ratio would be similar to the US.

$20ph may be minimum wage but our housing is ridiculous. You would not survive in some areas of Sydney on that sort of $$.
Hobart, Canberra, Melbourne, Adelaide and Darwin you could though.

FYI my 2500hs has a ticket price of about $42k installed. The van I just put it in was $40k, my average ticket is about $190 but I also do a wide variety of work and not just textile cleaning.

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
Rick covered a fair bit of the reality of Aus. People tend to not realise how massive Australia is, yet there are huge swathes that are not friendly to habitation.

Yes there are fewer cleaners but I dare say the per capita ratio would be similar to the US.

$20ph may be minimum wage but our housing is ridiculous. You would not survive in some areas of Sydney on that sort of $$.

FYI my 2500hs has a ticket price of about $42k installed. The van I just put it in was $40k, my average ticket is about $190 but I also do a wide variety of work and not just textile cleaning.
Are there any other brands of truck mounts that are made in your country that we don't see over here?

Heuzy

Oct 23, 2013
Berri, South Australia
www.dhcarpetcleaning.com.au
Real Name
Darren Heuzenroeder
Business Location
Australia

Jeremy, hope you don't mind me asking but what other sort of work are you doing beside the usual carpet, tile and upholstery? By the way, did you get my message?

Patrick S

Jul 9, 2014
Real Name
Patrick Sukkar
Ok, That sounds like those higher numbers for the cost of those truck mounts is normal for you.

But for the original member who posted this thread, I'd still go for the 318 if there was no other choice
Save the extra $2k and get the 370 although I have a local mechanic telling me the Hydramasters are a better built unit overall.

He doesn't deal exclusively with either one and works on everything, just something he has noticed over time.

FWIW I have the 2500, it came with the business but I was looking at buying the 575 titan before the business opportunity came along.
Hi Jeremy, Thanks for your advise, would you be able to tell me the main differences between the Rage and the 370ss,

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
Hi Jeremy, Thanks for your advise, would you be able to tell me the main differences between the Rage and the 370ss,
370 comes standard with a pump clutch. Larger volume water pump. 406 tri-lobe blower vs 3006 bi-lobe blower. Heat control system. Temp Gauge. Pressurized water box vs a standard water box that mounts to the waste tank.