Sapphire Scientific 370 1000 hour review

bojangles

May 21, 2012
payson, az
Real Name
brian m
if you're thinking of taking the plunge on a new TM---

Seems like sometimes when things just get rolling along good you hit your biggest roadblocks. Such happened about a year and a half ago when my truckmount sputtered to a stop. The diagnosis at Allen Equipment in Chandler, Az was foreboding. Blown motor. Nooooooooooo………

I didn’t have much cash at the moment, but Dan and Dave hooked me up with One Degree Capital; an equipment loan was secured, and Sapphire 370ss was installed the next day.

I soon found out, that though it was smaller than my last truckmount, it outperformed it in every category. The tri-lobe blower provides 13 pounds of mercury, and tremendous airflow, and the heat is exceptional for a small machine, to the point that adding a propane or diesel heater is not even a thought. The 1500 psi pump is all you need for residential cleaning. The chemical metering is reliable and consistent, the controls are easy, and the front of the machine has a clean, modern look, for those customers that can’t help peering inside the van. Also, extracting with in flood mode is nice when you have to do a flood extraction and there is no fresh water available.

The one hundred gallon tank allows the completion of cleaning most homes without having to stop to dump. It takes a few minutes to reach peak cleaning temperatures when you first start the 370 in the morning, this is aided by blocking off the vacuum. The added friction to the blower helps preheat the water from the it’s exhaust. The cleaning temperatures are fine in my book. It doesn’t seem to run scorching hot with winter time ground water temperatures, but I’ve had no drop in cleaning performance. It doesn’t maintain a tremendous amount of heat while cleaning tile, either; something I’ve found that that causes no loss in cleaning results. Follow the directions in the owner’s manual for proper selection of wand flow for peak results and temperatures. I’ve paired the machine with a Green Glided Prochem Quad four-jet wand, and get incredible results and dry times.

I’ve put about a thousand hours on my machine in the first 16 months or so, and it’s been ultra-reliable. I often hear guys complain about major repairs needing done on nearly brand new machines, or long delays while their “custom” machine is being built. This has not been my experience the the 370. It was ready to roll right out of the gate. Things I’ve encountered that held me up were the following: I had a waste tank gasket slip that caused foam to come out of the blower exhaust. That turned out to be an easy fix for the mechanic. The machine has a lot of filters, and if they are not kept clean, you’ll have problems. They suggest cleaning them once a month, but if you have to clean with well water, I’d suggest cleaning them at the end of the day. I’ve had a fuel pump go out, but that has nothing to do with Sapphire, and was an easy DIY fix. There is a valve that drains excessive hot water into the tank that went bad, but it was covered by the warranty. Other than that, it’s been smooth sailing and easy cleaning.

If you’re looking to purchase a single wand truckmount, I’d take a long look at the sapphire 370. I think it outperforms anything in its class by a long shot. For most cleanings that use less than 200 feet of hose, this thing is a beast. In fact, I’d probably buy two of these machines before I bought a larger, dual wand unit. The quality of this unit is top-notch, real engineering and a small footprint, you’re going to have to look a long way to find a better unit in it’s class.
photo (10).JPG

photo (9).JPG

Carl at Allen Equipment performs the 1000 hour maintenance service.

russrroberts

Jan 30, 2014
Prescott, AZ
www.steamnfresh.com
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
I've got 770 hrs on mine and only my heat switches have gone out, the newer models don't have the thermostat control for heat but the switches were under warranty and these new ones have lasted twice as long so far. Love the heat and suction. I can't wait to buy another one sapphire.

Reactions: bojangles

jayo

Oct 31, 2014
Real Name
jay ojeda
i just bought a new truck mount in nov. a local supply had legend down and they had that truck mount with other ones. i was really impress with it. and would have dot that if i would have seen it. i love the size of it

Multitask Cleaning Servi

Jan 19, 2011
Ma
Real Name
Glen Morin
Business Location
United States
if you're thinking of taking the plunge on a new TM---

Seems like sometimes when things just get rolling along good you hit your biggest roadblocks. Such happened about a year and a half ago when my truckmount sputtered to a stop. The diagnosis at Allen Equipment in Chandler, Az was foreboding. Blown motor. Nooooooooooo………

I didn’t have much cash at the moment, but Dan and Dave hooked me up with One Degree Capital; an equipment loan was secured, and Sapphire 370ss was installed the next day.

I soon found out, that though it was smaller than my last truckmount, it outperformed it in every category. The tri-lobe blower provides 13 pounds of mercury, and tremendous airflow, and the heat is exceptional for a small machine, to the point that adding a propane or diesel heater is not even a thought. The 1500 psi pump is all you need for residential cleaning. The chemical metering is reliable and consistent, the controls are easy, and the front of the machine has a clean, modern look, for those customers that can’t help peering inside the van. Also, extracting with in flood mode is nice when you have to do a flood extraction and there is no fresh water available.

The one hundred gallon tank allows the completion of cleaning most homes without having to stop to dump. It takes a few minutes to reach peak cleaning temperatures when you first start the 370 in the morning, this is aided by blocking off the vacuum. The added friction to the blower helps preheat the water from the it’s exhaust. The cleaning temperatures are fine in my book. It doesn’t seem to run scorching hot with winter time ground water temperatures, but I’ve had no drop in cleaning performance. It doesn’t maintain a tremendous amount of heat while cleaning tile, either; something I’ve found that that causes no loss in cleaning results. Follow the directions in the owner’s manual for proper selection of wand flow for peak results and temperatures. I’ve paired the machine with a Green Glided Prochem Quad four-jet wand, and get incredible results and dry times.

I’ve put about a thousand hours on my machine in the first 16 months or so, and it’s been ultra-reliable. I often hear guys complain about major repairs needing done on nearly brand new machines, or long delays while their “custom” machine is being built. This has not been my experience the the 370. It was ready to roll right out of the gate. Things I’ve encountered that held me up were the following: I had a waste tank gasket slip that caused foam to come out of the blower exhaust. That turned out to be an easy fix for the mechanic. The machine has a lot of filters, and if they are not kept clean, you’ll have problems. They suggest cleaning them once a month, but if you have to clean with well water, I’d suggest cleaning them at the end of the day. I’ve had a fuel pump go out, but that has nothing to do with Sapphire, and was an easy DIY fix. There is a valve that drains excessive hot water into the tank that went bad, but it was covered by the warranty. Other than that, it’s been smooth sailing and easy cleaning.

If you’re looking to purchase a single wand truckmount, I’d take a long look at the sapphire 370. I think it outperforms anything in its class by a long shot. For most cleanings that use less than 200 feet of hose, this thing is a beast. In fact, I’d probably buy two of these machines before I bought a larger, dual wand unit. The quality of this unit is top-notch, real engineering and a small footprint, you’re going to have to look a long way to find a better unit in it’s class.View attachment 51606
View attachment 51607

Carl at Allen Equipment performs the 1000 hour maintenance service.
Nice job on the article, couldn't have said it better myself