sapphire pro Upholstery tool | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

sapphire pro Upholstery tool

Rory henderson

Sep 22, 2015
Real Name
Rory henderson
I bought this tool & now I realize I got the portable version & not truckmount can some one tell me the difference will the portable version work with truckmount thanks

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
The portable version doesn't have the flow adjustment on the quick connect i think. Just means you'll have to turn down the pressure at your machine instead of at your tool.

Reactions: Rory henderson

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
I believe (but not 100% sure) some of the fittings are also different because of the higher vacuum on a truck mount. It's been stated using the portable on a truck mount will wear it out faster.

Reactions: Rory henderson

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
I have the rotovac shear dri....
And The hydramaster hi floyd tool....
Love the hydramaster...more for a tm over the saphire

Rory henderson

Sep 22, 2015
Real Name
Rory henderson
200 extra for a metering valve way back there I could see if it was on the tool like the hydramaster but where its positioned at on the sapphire I don't know

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
The difference is that on the truck mount version there is a metering valve/restrictor and a surface cover protector. Male connectors are the same 1/4 and both use the 1 1/2 vacuum hose and will need a 1 1/2 - 2 or 2.5 whip hose. There is a vacuum relief on both tool version.

You can use the portable version on a truck mount but your regulator will be your metering/restrictor valve. You can use your ball valve shut off as a way to control the flow but its very inconvenient and stresses the ball valve.

Both tools work great but one comes with metering and the other (portable version) does not.

Last edited:

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I have the rotovac shear dri....
And The hydramaster hi floyd tool....
Love the hydramaster...more for a tm over the saphire
I too love my hydramaster its an awesome tool.
I just got a sheardry from rotovac and I really, really like it.

Although i admit at first it took some getting use to the trigger, but it works wonderfully!

I will buy a saphire to compare the three and maybe even buy a mytee

Rory henderson

Sep 22, 2015
Real Name
Rory henderson
The difference is that on the truck mount version there is a metering valve/restrictor and a surface cover protector. Male connectors are the same 1/4.

You can use the portable version on a truck mount but your regulator will be your metering/restrictor valve. You can use your ball valve shut off as a way to control the flow but its very inconvenient and stresses the ball valve.

Both tools work great but one comes with metering and the other (portable version) does not.
thanks,but where they have that vale I can add one myself

Reactions: sbsscn