Sapphire 570 SS owners...

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
I recently purchased a repo unit. I finally had the chance to use it today with one of my techs and here is what I found and not sure if this is how the unit should run:

We cleaned approx. 2800 ft. of nylon saxony/plush, lightly soiled in a home that was vacant with 2 sets of stairs. The unit built heat quick, but I noticed the waste tank filled during the last 500 ft. of job and unit shut off. I heard water dumping into the waste tank, (same as my old PC 405), I wasn't aware this unit bypassed the hot water into the waste. We rarely had the PC titanium 6 jet wand stopped, so I found it strange it bypassed the water. Also, when we start the unit we hold the override switch and turn the axillary switch to the "on" position. The unit only has 300 hrs, but seems to run rough and hot. The regular 2' vac inlet is average at best, I want to rig hose for the 2.5 and run a 2.5 hose off the unit, reducing to 2" into the job. These are some issues I noticed during the first time out today so if you have any ideas or offering please let me know. Thanks
If you are only running one wand try not running with the heat sw in the high position. That's really for dual wand, so try backing down one it shouldn't dump as much water in the waste tank.

Ara Klujian

Moderator & TMF Repair Expert
Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.peterklujiancarpet.com
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
Long list,,just had water pump and whatever jon don decide to replace,,valve cover gasket,wire off engine,burnt exhaust pipe,new mac and bimba valve in jan,3 waste tank floats,and more.
For some reason the new waste tank floats need to be adjusted internally. I had a brand new float i installed for my pump out and I thought the float had burned out on the first day. After I inspected the float internally I noticed the screw that holds the micro switch was loose causing non contact. That was the second switch with a loose screw. So be on the lookout for that.

Ara Klujian

Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
If you are only running one wand try not running with the heat sw in the high position. That's really for dual wand, so try backing down one it shouldn't dump as much water in the waste tank.
I don't run mine on high that often. I gets so hot in medium I only use high for certain things. I honestly think if I ran it on high everyday I would be beating this machine to the ground. And I also like to run it with the water box valve open most of the time. I just think it gets too hot. It's crazy to say that but it really does get scorching HOT.

Lc17smp

Sep 19, 2019
Real Name
Larry Cole
The only time I use high on my Apex 570 is when cleaning tile. Otherwise it’s just too hot. It does cool down quickly when cleaning tile. To keep it hot (above 200) I probably need to spend as much time off the trigger as I do on the trigger. 1 min on 1 min off. I notice a difference in cleaning when the water isn’t hot enough.

Ara Klujian

Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
The only time I use high on my Apex 570 is when cleaning tile. Otherwise it’s just too hot. It does cool down quickly when cleaning tile. To keep it hot (above 200) I probably need to spend as much time off the trigger as I do on the trigger. 1 min on 1 min off. I notice a difference in cleaning when the water isn’t hot enough.
I was pressure washing some stuff last summer I think i was around 900 psi. It totally maintained very high heat. The tips are smaller on my pressure gun so that's most likely the reason it was keeping up. Maybe try stepping down one tip size when the time comes to change the tips. I bet you get better heat. Just a suggestion.